H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Not sure if you've seen this yet
Seems we could use a proper launch control system.

Curious how the Supra is perceived in the UK in general. Also curious to know if there is less hysteria about the BWM-Toyota relationship.

Thanks for posting.

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island

Curious how the Supra is perceived in the UK in general. Also curious to know if there is less hysteria about the BWM-Toyota relationship.

Thanks for posting.
MKIV fanboys are on another level.

C405BBCE-70A6-4B43-942B-C2AD0E2A666B.jpeg

Jeonsa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A

Thanks for posting.
A lot of the European journalists either donā€™t like it (Chris Harris) or talk about it from a subjective POV. Well thatā€™s from the videos Iā€™ve seen.

OP
OP
Mark-in-Stoke

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v

Thanks for posting.
People I know love it, but there are groups of so called "petrol heads" who hate them, probably because they can't afford one and come out with "it's just a Z4 with a Toyota badge" crap, if someone is stupid enough to say that then there's no point in having any conversation as they've obviously had a severe head trauma. Chris Harris might feel a little butt hurt as he has a BMW M2 Comp (great car, but common as bird shit on a windscreen).
Btw before I realised I could afford one i was in the "Z4 with a Toyota badge" group ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark-in-Stoke

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
A lot of the European journalists either donā€™t like it (Chris Harris) or talk about it from a subjective POV. Well thatā€™s from the videos Iā€™ve seen.
Thankfully I like making my own decisions and don't let the influencers influence me.
Since the late 80s I've had most of the rwd Toyota range and also a BMW 850 v12 for 9yrs so for me I see no problem as it's pure Synergy from two giants in car manufacturing.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
The ā€œpuristsā€ argument always cracks me up. Thereā€™s always gonna be haters even with hyper-cars that are stupid expensive. People inherently love to hate on shit.

Iā€™m a car fanatic. If itā€™s cool... itā€™s cool and I wonā€™t care who makes it. Auto manufacturers have been doing collaborations for many many years, but when it comes to this MKV Supra, people act like itā€™s something new.

I have the 2.0 so I catch flak online, but have had nothing but compliments when people see the car in person. Then again, I couldnā€™t give two shits what peopleā€™s opinions are anyways.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
The ā€œpuristsā€ argument always cracks me up. Thereā€™s always gonna be haters even with hyper-cars that are stupid expensive. People inherently love to hate on shit.

Iā€™m a car fanatic. If itā€™s cool... itā€™s cool and I wonā€™t care who makes it. Auto manufacturers have been doing collaborations for many many years, but when it comes to this MKV Supra, people act like itā€™s something new.

I have the 2.0 so I catch flak online, but have had nothing but compliments when people see the car in person. Then again, I couldnā€™t give two shits what peopleā€™s opinions are anyways.
The video showed the 2.0 to be capable and if you neither want nor need the 3.0, it makes the choice smart.

whatā€™s really funny is all of the buffeting fuss. Lots of cars have that issue with both windows down. My GTI and my Wrangler both had it. Happens in my M240i. People act like the engineers forgot to put doors on the car.

Anyway, things turned out a lot better than that Japanese-German collaboration from the ā€˜40s.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
... And Iā€™m in favor of the bmw product (had an M3)... therefore the mix of manufacturers with the Supra is not a bad thing.

I also like the fact you see very few Supraā€™s on the road... keeping it unique for a Supra owner.

Youā€™re always gonna have haters... move along. ?

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
They did run flat 12.0s in the dry with 3.0 there, lowest for 2.0 I saw was I think 13.2s so the gap is actually big in dry conditions, while in wet it becomes quite narrow due to problems with traction.
Also, this 2.0 is equipped with SportPackage with LSD and Brembo brakes, I wonder why it stops worse than 3.0. Its not 100kg lighter tho, they are wrong, but still it should stop at least simmilar to 3.0. Maybe different pads?

SUPRA90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR SUPRA A91
Coming from the Mustang community, they same civil war is happening over the Mustang Mach E. Funny thing is MotorWeek announced the Mach E as their Driversā€™ Choice Car of the Year. Oh yeah, the MKV 3.0 won the best sport coupe award, again!

OP
OP
Mark-in-Stoke

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
Coming from the Mustang community, they same civil war is happening over the Mustang Mach E. Funny thing is MotorWeek announced the Mach E as their Driversā€™ Choice Car of the Year. Oh yeah, the MKV 3.0 won the best sport coupe award, again!
It seems today some people aren't happy unless they're hating something (usually done over the internet and not in person)
Sponsored