SupraConnect registration problem

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
I purchased 2021 Supra one week ago. A day after that I tried to create SupraConnect account and register the car to see what optional services I can use or order. I was able to create account. But when I enetered VIN of the car, I got an error that this VIN is unknown and cannot be registered. I called dealer, but didn't get any help other than they created Toyota Customer Experience case for me. That was last Thursday. I didn't hear from from Toyota since that. Today I tried to call them myself and was told that the case in sent to "Telematic" group and is in state of "work in progress", but no ETA on resolution was given.

Does anyone else have similar experience? What was the outcome and how quickly problem was resolved?
Sponsored

Cousindeagle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 NSX
Haha Im in the same boat. I gave up after the Toyota Supra Connect Team couldnt look up my two week old 21 Supra base model. Im curious if it has to do with my Supra being a base model. I too have a Telematics ticket in

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I had this issue for about 24 hours. My stumbled upon solution was to register the VIN on the website vs the app. After that, still got the error code in the app....... and then all the sudden I didn't, and now it works. I think it may have something to do with Toyota doing something on their end to register the car as purchased....... I bought on a Sunday and it was Monday night before it straightened itself out.

SenorBoBo

First Name
Senor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Scion TC, 2021 Supra
I am also unable to activate using the VIN. Going to give it a few days before contacting toyota.

TheKrumpet

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Base (SOLD
Does everyone in this thread have a 3.0 Base Model without the technology package? Because I have the same issue and have the Base 3.0 with no add-ons and cant register it and I figured you need the upgrades. Is there anyway you can get these features with like a software flash or update?

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Does everyone in this thread have a 3.0 Base Model without the technology package? Because I have the same issue and have the Base 3.0 with no add-ons and cant register it and I figured you need the upgrades. Is there anyway you can get these features with like a software flash or update?
You must have the “Safety & Technology Package”. See the ”Package“ section under the 2.0 and 3.0 on page 37:

https://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2021/gr-supra_ebrochure.pdf
Sponsored