SupraMKV's Latest Toyota Supra Renderings With Production Wheels and Bits

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Steve Neill is claiming it will look close to this.

https://www.instagram.com/thedefinitivedriver/
http://www.motor1.com/news/134741/toyota-supra-concept-october-debut/

Very close. The front hood will have a black square on it, a lá the concept, and the car will have side skirts under the sides which resemble Fujita Engineering FD skirts. I did this render of what it will look like 2 months ago. I can guarantee, having friends who are working on the program in Toyota City, that it will look 100% like this, which is (as you can see) very close to the render above.
Ka9n3k9.jpg
Sponsored

AZ Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hoping for new Supra
Would love if what he said was true, but I agree with the response someone made to what Steve said. "That's a stylized/exaggerated cartoon/drawing render, so how can an actual car look "100% like" it? The actual car might look very much like the render in the article -- but still not 100% as that's impossible -- but it will never look "100%" like your art school-type drawing."

But if it looks anything close to this oh what a hit it will be!

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
...a black square..? where did the ft1 have a "black square" on the hood? and while that sketch looks alright, nothing on that front end represents or even remotely resembles what we've seen on the mule..it doesn't even have a hump in the middle for the nose..if he is suggesting those elements will get scrunched down to make their way into the production model then I suggest everyone start going back to church and praying for a miracle

Last edited:

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's a sketch at the end of the day. That front end looks good but what will it look like in real life if this holds true?

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
i hope the guy is wrong. i dont like those nasty BMW mirrors and there is no side air scoops by the rear wheels :(

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
i hope the guy is wrong. i dont like those nasty BMW mirrors and there is no side air scoops by the rear wheels :(
pretty sure the BMW mirrors are here to stay, but that sketch wasn't predicting anything new, we already knew this... If BMW can't be bothered to use body mounted mirrors on any of their M cars, then I sincerely doubt they will bother to create some for the costing savings Supra project.

It's a sketch at the end of the day. That front end looks good but what will it look like in real life if this holds true?
...not complaining about the sketch, his comments rather. Who calls it a black square? It is supposed to be a "clear hood" that was on the FT1, not a "black square"...that would be cheesy as hell just to put a blacked out square on the hood.. Plus, just do a quick overlay of that sketch above the mules, there is nothing that remotely matches the design ques and proportions the mule has..that guy is talking out of ass...

Last edited:

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
...not complaining about the sketch said:
nothing [/B]that remotely matches the design ques and proportions the mule has..that guy is talking out of ass...
Yeah I don't know about the black square comment either. I can see if a clear hood section would hold more value than a black square. But I mean we have so many journalist now showing what they "know" it will look like. We always see this before production cars come out and the production almost always looks a lot better. The mule may be running around without the production bumper for all we know to throw us off. I think the front end is the biggest mystery to everyone.

Reactions: HKz

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
pretty sure the BMW mirrors are here to stay, but that sketch wasn't predicting anything new, we already knew this... If BMW can't be bothered to use body mounted mirrors on any of their M cars, then I sincerely doubt they will bother to create some for the costing savings Supra project.
i wouldn't mind if they stuck the ones from the i8 on. hell, even Lexus mirrors look better than the unit from the 3 series that the prototype is testing with.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
i wouldn't mind if they stuck the ones from the i8 on. hell, even Lexus mirrors look better than the unit from the 3 series that the prototype is testing with.
yes, all the mirrors look good on the current Lexus lineup, GT86, MK4 Supra, 3rd gen MR2, LFA, etc...but BMW doesn't really think so.

Sun Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
My feeling about the clear glass on the hood is that it has to show a beautiful engine (see pic below). Now days ... all I ever see is a flat plastic engine covering the top of the motor. I miss the days where the engine was actually part of the aesthetics. In other words. ..... skip the glass showcasing a hidden motor.

download (1).jpg

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
My feeling about the clear glass on the hood is that it has to show a beautiful engine (see pic below). Now days ... all I ever see is a flat plastic engine covering the top of the motor. I miss the days where the engine was actually part of the aesthetics. In other words. ..... skip the glass showcasing a hidden motor.

download (1).jpg
thus far toyota has had a good track record for great looking engine bays on their sports cars and the 86's engine bay is actually quite nice and even nicer with the current red powder coated intake manifold...bmw has indeed been the masters of engine covers for a while though..

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Going back to the proportion chat for a minute. Its an older article, but it seems they just made the concept longer and wider to get more attention at the auto show.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140813/BLOG06/140819956/toyota-redresses-ft-1-concept

“We don’t create show cars just to create needless studies. There’s usually a reason,” said Hunter.

If it does go to production, expect some of the proportions to change: the width, the wider haunches in particular, and maybe the bulbousness of that probiscous snout. But if a production car were to be made, it would still be recognizable as an FT-1.

“We create these as theater,” said Hunter. “We want it to be believable within a certain understanding so that when somebody looks at this car they can imagine it on the road. We don’t want to create space ships that look like science fiction. We try to create a balance with just the right amount of stuff to get everybody excited but it pushes the envelope that on a show car stage it looks dramatic. The width of this car and some of the proportions are certainly extreme. In an auto show environment, things tend to shrink down so we try to go a little bigger than reality. As far as production capability, we don’t worry about it [on a show car] because we’re making a concept car. There are new exciting proportions coming that the public hasn’t seen and this is part of it.”

MACKSTER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beater Honda
thus far toyota has had a good track record for great looking engine bays on their sports cars and the 86's engine bay is actually quite nice and even nicer with the current red powder coated intake manifold...bmw has indeed been the masters of engine covers for a while though..
Agreed on that. These two are my favorites from recent models.

2016-bmw-7-series-engine-line-up-revealed-in-full-96540_1.jpg

2013_bmw_m6_convertible_92_1600x1200.jpg

Sun Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
^^^^^^ Looks like my idea of engine appearance is different. Give me some satin finished aluminum valve covers. The new 86 red intakes look good. Some cool turbo plumbing. Add a little color.

I see no reason to have a clear glass hood window only to see a flat piece of plastic engine covering. I would be surprised if the clear engine window makes it to production. Just adds more unnecessary weight.
Sponsored