SupraMKV's members First Impressions of The New Supra

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Ya its low and wide. Theres really not much you could do to it for a daily driver. Its loud at idle and drives great. unless you take it to the extreme and change everything. I dont see how minor changes will affect the overall look of the car.
I'd do wheels and a front lip, maybe a black top on a white one but that's pretty much everything exterior wise. Probably de-badge the spelled out Toyota too.
Sponsored

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95' Supra, '15 Maserati, '98 Skyline, '15 Mustang, M5
I'd do wheels and a front lip, maybe a black top on a white one but that's pretty much everything exterior wise. Probably de-badge the spelled out Toyota too.
Debadge Toyota is the first thing to do of course
Before I saw it in person, I was also thinking of front lip and wheels, but now, I just think it's okay, maybe lowering it by hks springs, although its low already
But making it lower will make it better looking in photos

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
That's all I was thinking to.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
So I got off work early and decided to stop by the Toyota dealer and saw the Supra in person for the first time. I know everyone has said this over and over, but the car really does look a lot better in person vs in photo. I'm not going to lie, when the first photos were released I was like "meh, FT1 looked way better". But photos do not do this car justice. Surprisingly, the BMW mirrors didn't bother me as much as I had thought. I usually do prefer the mirrors to be mounted to the door panel like with the MK4 and 86, but it didn't look too bad on the car. The proportions of the car were good imo. The fake door vents seem a little chessy, but overall it looks nice. Not much to say about the interior. They wouldn't let me sit in it or even open the doors. :(

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
So I got off work early and decided to stop by the Toyota dealer and saw the Supra in person for the first time. I know everyone has said this over and over, but the car really does look a lot better in person vs in photo. I'm not going to lie, when the first photos were released I was like "meh, FT1 looked way better". But photos do not do this car justice. Surprisingly, the BMW mirrors didn't bother me as much as I had thought. I usually do prefer the mirrors to be mounted to the door panel like with the MK4 and 86, but it didn't look too bad on the car. The proportions of the car were good imo. The fake door vents seem a little chessy, but overall it looks nice. Not much to say about the interior. They wouldn't let me sit in it or even open the doors. :(
Trust me. The interior won't disappoint you either. Seems like you shared the same feelings as me prior to seeing the car.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Oh I forgot to add pics (crappy iPhone6 lol). The lady in the parts department told me it had already sold, but the dealer is keeping it for a few extra days to show to the general public. So if anyone is in the Houston area and wants to take a look you know where to go.

Edited: There were panel gaps on the lift back.

IMG_8319.JPG
IMG_8321.JPG
IMG_8323.JPG
IMG_8325.JPG
IMG_8328.JPG

Last edited:

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
That looks like the same yellow one that was posted on the Houston Supra Club's FB page.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I forgot to add pics (crappy iPhone6 lol). The lady in the parts department told me it had already sold, but the dealer is keeping it for a few extra days to show to the general public. So if anyone is in the Houston area and wants to take a look you know where to go.

Edited: There were panel gaps on the lift back.

IMG_8319.JPG
IMG_8321.JPG
IMG_8323.JPG
IMG_8325.JPG
IMG_8328.JPG
The trunk doesn't look closed all the way.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
If it's at a dealer, 50% chance the hood and/or trunk aren't closed right. Not a lot of brains apparently.
Sponsored