Switching from Ecutek to MHD

dylanhartman

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Can you flash from ecutek custom tune to MHD without going back to stock first or needing a bench unlock?
Sponsored

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
Subaru STi, VR30, S55 M3, GOLF R, Supra A90
Can you flash from ecutek custom tune to MHD without going back to stock first or needing a bench unlock?
Yup, you can flash right over it, but you'll lose a $550 EcuTek License.

Currently EcuTek has more advanced support on PreJune Unlocked ECUS than any other tuning platforms..

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
@dylanhartman listen to this man and put downnnnn the mhd dongle. Let’s not do anything rash…
Yup, you can flash right over it, but you'll lose a $550 EcuTek License.

Currently EcuTek has more advanced support on PreJune Unlocked ECUS than any other tuning platforms..

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
lol

OP
OP
dylanhartman

dylanhartman

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Let me get this straight. You want to downgrade your tuning platform? I would destroy entire cities to have your unlocked DME and to run ecutek.
My trans is fucked from the tune overdelivering torque and my tuner doesn't help. I'm stuck with a supra that i haven't been able to drive in weeks bc no one can help. Im
over it lol

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
My trans is fucked from the tune overdelivering torque and my tuner doesn't help. I'm stuck with a supra that i haven't been able to drive in weeks bc no one can help. Im
over it lol
How does switching to another tuning platform resolve this?

Broken transmission is a broken transmission..

If you think your issue is with your tuner, move on to another tuner

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
This is like owning a house that has messed up sink drain that your repairman can’t fix and instead of getting a real plumber you’re like… fuck it I’m buying a new sink and reusing the same repairman lmao.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
over it lol
When you say fucked, do you mean it's literally busted as in you can't drive the car at all, or do you mean that it's "fucked" as in it's slipping at a specific RPM in a specific gear? If it's just slipping in the higher gears at higher RPM's, before you go swapping tuners I would recommend trying XHP if you haven't already. The XHP transmission tunes have increased clamping force in order to help minimize slipping to a slight degree.

OP
OP
dylanhartman

dylanhartman

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
How does switching to another tuning platform resolve this?

Broken transmission is a broken transmission..

If you think your issue is with your tuner, move on to another tuner
When I clear the codes the car drives and goes into all gears. I can't imagine the trans is broken but still working after clearing codes.

I think it is a safety going into place on the tune. Been dealing with this for 3 weeks with no help and no car so i'm just gonna jump back to MHD. Seems like this is the only thing that might fix this.

OP
OP
dylanhartman

dylanhartman

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
When you say fucked, do you mean it's literally busted as in you can't drive the car at all, or do you mean that it's "fucked" as in it's slipping at a specific RPM in a specific gear? If it's just slipping in the higher gears at higher RPM's, before you go swapping tuners I would recommend trying XHP if you haven't already.
I'm on XHP

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
When I clear the codes the car drives and goes into all gears. I can't imagine the trans is broken but still working after clearing codes.

I think it is a safety going into place on the tune. Been dealing with this for 3 weeks with no help and no car so i'm just gonna jump back to MHD. Seems like this is the only thing that might fix this.
I've seen your posts, people have given you feedback - I have been one of them

IMO part of the reason you are still in this situation is because you aren't taking the advise you are seeking on this page.

REMOVED XHP
FLASH CAR BACK TO STOCK

DRIVE THE CAR

If the car is then OK, find a new tuner. So simple.
Sponsored