Take a look at the new Supra!!! Full vehicle revealed by Toyota Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

laflame

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
06 camry
At least that render doesn't have one of those god awful RB/LB kits where the fenders are all cut up attached to it. But give it proper suspension travel, lightweight forged aluminum Volks, and a proper coilover setup from the likes of KW, JRZ, MCS, and put proper camber on it and you've got yourself a winner. Keep that airbags crap on VIP cars. Keep the RB/LB crap on low end cars like a Miata or FRS/BRZ. This is a sports car. Treat it like one. I hate when people throw airbags and those flared fender kit and big heavy multipiece wheels and push as much camber as they can on performance cars like a GTR, 458, Hurracan, Aventador, and others. I get people wanna "express" themselves and that's cool but why ruin a car from what it was originally designed to do?
That's the beauty of the car community though, being able to do whatever to a car because it's yours and that how you like. I like that you still understand that, that type of stuff won't go away, I just had to say my 2 cents. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Death666wish_

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mitsubishi lancer 5-speed (out of commission), 1991 Firebird Formula (out of commission), 2008 Toyota Camry
Many people will be surprised by this carā€™s capabilities....thatā€™s all Iā€™m gonna say.
Well if the real Supra is limited and maybe only in Japan, then it's kind of pointless as all we'll have is the car coming out this year.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Well if the real Supra is limited and maybe only in Japan, then it's kind of pointless as all we'll have is the car coming out this year.
We donā€™t know that yet....thatā€™s an assumption. Alot of previous Japanese sports cars didn't make their way to the states because they werenā€™t developed with global markets in mind (S15ā€™s, GTRā€™s, STI RAā€™s, etc...). Today, itā€™s different. Heck, Subaru is introducing the S209 on Monday! Japanese car makers are not being picky anymore, itā€™s no holds barred nowadays. Letā€™s see what Toyota offers us, then we can decide whether a MKV Supra will be in the stable or not.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
@GrayFox_MK5 NOBODY. I mean NOBODY insults Akio Toyoda. You have to see him in races or when he is with others, he has a such a huge heart. Honestly a few people in the automotive world has given me that wholesome feeling, Toyoda-san is one of them.

Edit: @DesmoSD Also if you were referring to me from that comment, I am not mad about what he said about the Supra. I'm mad that he made a dumb, below the belt jab at Toyoda-san.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
The renders with modifications give me hope. Iā€™ve never been worried it wonā€™t handle or have enough power. Itā€™s the looks that have been putting me off. It looks like (as with the mkIV) it needs a body kit to fix that.
No problem as long as the price reflects this. Iā€™m hoping the Toyota take into account the ā€˜mixedā€™ feedback and failure to take the ā€˜first 300ā€™ (UK) deposits when they announce the pricing next week. It needs to be Ā£low-40s and sub-Ā£50k for a decent spec.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
2019 Toyota Supra XSE version? I have a feeling if people opt for the base inline 4 cylinder turbo, the Supra won't be as exciting as this model -- IF there is going to be such trim level discrepancies like "xse, base, GR, etc."

Curious how this will turn out on Monday!

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
This ā€œleakā€ has been pretty effective apparently. The most read newspaper in my country (which doesnā€™t care at all for sports cars) has this on their webpage right now:

upload_2019-1-12_20-50-47.jpeg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.