Take a look at the interior of the 2020 Supra

How many stars would you give Toyota on the interior? (1 being lowest & 5 being highest.)

• Total voters

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
That was what caught my attention as well. Hopefully we can see a complete redesign of the interior in future models
Even though I don't have a problem with the interior, I just find it weird to revise it as well. Unless hes just referring to different seats and re-positioned shifter for a manual
Sponsored

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wouldn't be a bad idea TBH. They spent a ton on R&D for the LFA... would make logical sense for them to trickle down tech/designs to other Lexus and Toyota models
The LCf is due to come later in the pipeline, and seeing how they are going for a race edition, how hard is it to have a LCF/LC500 like interior dash and parts used to further separate them from BMW?

And without worrying about development costs

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
I took that to mean different editions with carbon fiber, color matched stitching and Alcantara accents, as opposed to full redesigns.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Yup. Lots of people have noted how dreary the standard interior is compared to the Launch edition 2 tone one. I suspect that, or something like it, will become standard at some point. Maybe a few deviations from obvious BMW switch gear too.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/2020-toyota-supra-interior-first-impressions-ar185393.html

2020 Toyota Supra Interior First Impressions

A sports car cocoon made for speed

After years of waiting, endless teasers, and more than a few false flags, the fifth-generation A90 Supra is finally here. Carrying the torch as Toyota’s modernized performance icon and halo vehicle, the 2020 Supra has plenty to live up to. And while most of you are chomping at the bit to learn what it’s like to drive, you’ll have to wait until the embargo lifts on Sunday for my full driven review. Until then, I want to relay everything I can about this machine, including my first impression of the interior.

HOW MUCH SPACE IS THERE INSIDE?

toyota-supra---drive-38_1600x0w.jpg

Like I said in a previous article,
the 2020 Toyota Supra is surprisingly small in person. And, as you might imagine, those compact exterior dimensions mean the interior is pretty tight as well.

Total passenger volume is rated at just 50.9 cubic feet, which is an eye-raising 25.6 cubic-feet less than what you get in the Toyota 86.

However, a lot of that is due to the fact that the 2020 Supra doesn’t have a rear bench seat. And I think that’s a good thing.

I’d much rather have two seats with maximized room over a compromised four-seat cabin designed to accommodate some kind of cop-out rear bench with barely enough space to fit half a human torso.

The space that is available is on par with other compact models. Headroom is rated at 38.3 inches, legroom is rated at 42.2 inches, and shoulder room is rated at 54.4 inches. That’s about the same space you get with the Toyota 86 (37.1 inches, 41.9 inches, 54.5 inches, respectively) and the Volkswagen Golf (38.4 inches, 41.2 inches, and 55.9 inches, respectively).

toyota-supra---drive-40_1600x0w.jpg

All told, I felt like the cabin was relatively tight, but definitely not uncomfortable.

DESIGN AND MATERIALS

I’m about 6’1” tall and I weigh roughly 190 pounds. Sitting in the driver’s seat, I felt cocooned, with the cabin space wrapping around me rather than suffocating me. Wearing a helmet made head room shrink to almost nothing, but beyond that, I had no problem with interior room whatsoever.

toyota-supra---drive-42_1600x0w.jpg

After taking in the cabin measurements, I turned my attention to the interior design and materials.

The overarching design scheme looks great. The layout is streamlined and simple, emphasizing the horizontal with a wide, thin dash, rectangular air vents, two tiers of hard buttons for the center console, and a widescreen standup touchscreen.

toyota-supra---drive-55_1600x0w.jpg

As for the materials, I’d call it typical high-end Toyota. The new Avalon comes to mind. There’s nice stuff where it matters most, like on the seats, center console, arm rests, and around the steering wheel, but intermingled with the leather bits, there’s a few cheaper plastic bits as well.

toyota-supra---drive-51_1600x0w.jpg

Alcantara and leather seats are standard on the base model, while full leather is standard on the Premium and Launch Edition grades.

Both feel nice to the touch, with slick-looking contrast stitching punctuating the seams. Black coloring is standard, while red coloring is equipped only with the Launch Edition. The red is definitely the way to go if you can afford it, as the black-only cabin can feel a little muted. Also, both the passenger and driver’s seats are heated on the Premium grade and Launch Edition, and standard dual-zone climate control across the line keeps it comfy as well.

The lineup also comes standard with “sport knee cushions” for the driver and passenger to keep your legs intact while exploring the Supra’s grip levels.

toyota-supra---drive-46_1600x0w.jpg

Finally, the center console gets a carbon fiber surround for the shifter and various hard buttons. It’s genuine carbon fiber, but in my opinion, it looks a little tacky. Some folks are sure to like it, though.

TECHNOLOGY

toyota-supra---drive-50_1600x0w.jpg

On the infotainment front, the 2020 Toyota Supra employs a 6.5-inch touchscreen as standard.

Other highlights include an 8.8-inch LCD gauge cluster, a rear backup camera, 10-speaker audio, USB integration, and Bluetooth support. Options include an 8.8-inch touchscreen, wireless Apple CarPlay, and a premium 12-speaker JBL stereo.

Opt up into the Premium and Launch Edition, and you’ll get several of the lower grade’s options as standard, including the 8.8-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay, and 12-speaker JBL sound system. The higher grades also toss in standard navigation, wireless phone charging, and a heads-up display.

toyota-supra---drive-43_1600x0w.jpg

In terms of operation, I found the digital gauge cluster behind the steering wheel to be crisp, clean, and easy to read.

The optional heads-up display was also a nice addition, projecting pertinent info onto just the right spot on the windshield.

I was less enthused by the infotainment system. While the screen looked nice, the system was not very intuitive in terms of operation. I also had difficulty connecting my iPhone to the Apple CarPlay system. That said, my phone is an ancient 5c, and more modern devices shouldn’t have the same issue.

FINAL THOUGHTS

toyota-supra---drive-39_1600x0w.jpg

While the old A80 Supra was more of a grand tourer, the new A90 is more of a sports car.

That means the cabin is designed primarily for eating apexes, rather than zooming from A to B in superior comfort.

The cabin space is a little tight for larger folks, but not oppressive by any means. The layout looks nice, and there’s some high-end materials added here and there, but there’s also some cheap-feeling bits as well. The digital tech is a mix of clean readouts and difficult to navigate menus.

Stay tuned as we cover all things Supra all this week, with my full driven review going live this Sunday!

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
The early sketch compared to the final product.

Things I liked better:
* The single cupholder and it's placement.
* How the hooded gauge cluster sticks out more.
* The steering wheel looks closer to the FT-1.

59880194_137031160734439_948693787360349247_n.jpg

toyota-supra---drive-38_1600x0w.jpg