Take a look at the interior of the 2020 Supra

How many stars would you give Toyota on the interior? (1 being lowest & 5 being highest.)

• Total voters

Illsic_Design

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max
but from your post it sounds like the infotainment and iDrive are different so now I'm even more confused.
Idrive IS the infotainment system, but can also refer to just the controller. That's why they are up to Idrive 7.0 now in the newest BMW's. Looks like Supra got Idrive6
Sponsored

Reactions: BRX

Pheonix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
The trackpad once you get used to it is great. However, BMW's iDrive is by far the best infotainment system in the entire car industry. Which is why I am in love with the interior as well (maybe the buttons and switches could have been Toyota). I have played and used it and I could not get my hands off that system. I can't believe I'm saying this but it was "fun"? Whenever the opportunity came I piloted the system. Absolutely knock out of the park. Toyota should use iDrive and Lexus can keep improving on their trackpad. They've spent too much on it to really go back now, they have to evolve it to make it as good as Mercedes-Benz Command system or Audi's MMI.
Dafuq? It's innovative sure but not the best. Audi MMI has far better controls and my PCM in my Porsche is the least pretentious.

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Even the new corvette has a nicer and more “supra” interior than the new supra.

I doubt if they’d been given the freedom of doing work within Lexus/Toyota that they’d have gone with an interior ripped straight out of a 3 series

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
Even the new corvette has a nicer and more “supra” interior than the new supra.

I doubt if they’d been given the freedom of doing work within Lexus/Toyota that they’d have gone with an interior ripped straight out of a 3 series
I do agree that the C7 is the best example of a modern MKIV interior which I love, but in all honesty, the FT-1 which everyone loved so much and wished was in fact the new Supra...
Had no hint of a "Supra-esque" interior and is more similar to what we got in comparison to that which is found in the MKIV.
We all seem to forget that other generations besides the MKIV existed and the MKV went back to the horizontal style dash of the first two generations while incorporating the "slingshot" design of the FT-1 to enclose the driver (giving a driver focused interior)...not to mention a smart use of the red only on the driver side.

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
I do agree that the C7 is the best example of a modern MKIV interior which I love, but in all honesty, the FT-1 which everyone loved so much and wished was in fact the new Supra...
Had no hint of a "Supra-esque" interior and is more similar to what we got in comparison to that which is found in the MKIV.
We all seem to forget that other generations besides the MKIV existed and the MKV went back to the horizontal style dash of the first two generations while incorporating the "slingshot" design of the FT-1 to enclose the driver (giving a driver focused interior)...not to mention a smart use of the red only on the driver side.
You can’t seriously consider that dash to be a slingshot? They put some red highlights on it otherwise it’s ripped straight out of a BMW.

The “slingshot” architecture of the Ft1 definitely looks closer to the MK3 and MK4 than it does the MK5

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
You can’t seriously consider that dash to be a slingshot? They put some red highlights on it otherwise it’s ripped straight out of a BMW.

The “slingshot” architecture of the Ft1 definitely looks closer to the MK3 and MK4 than it does the MK5
Please look at these images and look at where the cross bar is seaparating the driver from the radio and AC controls...and erase the thought of having a complete concept interior since that never happens

IMG_8492.JPG

View attachment 12267

IMG_8495.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i

Do you have any images of BMW's using this dash? People keep saying that and have yet to formulate a response to my question without saying "iDrive" or "shifter"

How does this look anything like the MK4?
Toyota-FT1-interior.jpg

But not at all like the MK5?
toyota_gr_supra_73.jpg

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
As nifty as the interior of the FT1 looks, I think the controls would be a pain in the ass for people with short arms to reach (radio and AC, i mean)
Couldn't agree more! Exactly why I think the A90's interior is very much a practical, real version of the FT-1 that's fit for day-to-day usability!
I stand by the thought that it was a sound carryover from the FT-1.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Couldn't agree more! Exactly why I think the A90's interior is very much a practical, real version of the FT-1 that's fit for day-to-day usability!
I stand by the thought that it was a sound carryover from the FT-1.
My wife's itty bitty arms won't be an issue in the A90. Hopefully. (She's 5'3) She's not super excited about it, but then again, she hates my 86. Atleast, riding in it with the aftermarket suspension.

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Ignore colour and the ft1 and new “supra” are nothing alike. The red is simply an illusion.

Now compare the 3 series with the new supra and lo and behold they are virtually the same

84AE0260-7A4E-4979-BFCA-8A16FD2D58D3.jpeg

970C1715-CF3E-493B-8CBB-FAC6B2A24A54.jpeg

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Ignore colour and the ft1 and new “supra” are nothing alike. The red is simply an illusion.

Now compare the 3 series with the new supra and lo and behold they are virtually the same

970C1715-CF3E-493B-8CBB-FAC6B2A24A54.jpeg
Im guessing the Camry is virtually the same too right?

7bb79207938ab2ef5748a8fada14933d.jpg

You're focusing too much on the HVAC, iDrive controller, and shifter instead of the actual design. Do you have any of your own points that don't come directly from facebook memes?

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Man, I just can't get how boring that MKV interior is. I don't see any driver centric dash like the FT-1 or the MKIV. BMW gave Toyota a laundry list of interior components like TFT display, HVAC module, radio preset module, cheap vents, iDrive system and let Toyota go to work.

1)That tablet wedged on the middle of the dash completely ruins the flow
2)The preset buttons look out of place being isolated, right in the middle. IMO, this is where the HVAC controls should have been placed
3)The hazard button is right dab in the middle as a focal point. Why would you put it there and not on the center console. Nobody uses their hazard lights unless you won or you had to pull over because your Z4 Coupe caught on fire. :rofl:
4)The center console divider on the driver's side blocks the console pockets. You would have to contort around it and between the shifter if you want to put something there

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Man, I just can't get how boring that MKV interior is. I don't see any driver centric dash like the FT-1 or the MKIV. BMW gave Toyota a laundry list of interior components like TFT display, HVAC module, radio preset module, cheap vents, iDrive system and let Toyota go to work.

1)That tablet wedged on the middle of the dash completely ruins the flow
2)The preset buttons look out of place being isolated, right in the middle. IMO, this is where the HVAC controls should have been placed
3)The hazard button is right dab in the middle as a focal point. Why would you put it there and not on the center console. Nobody uses their hazard lights unless you won or you had to pull over because your Z4 Coupe caught on fire. :rofl:
4)The center console divider on the driver's side blocks the console pockets. You would have to contort around it and between the shifter if you want to put something there
Totally agree, it’s so obvious I can’t believe some few can’t see it. Even the X5 is virtually the same.

What’s hilarious is the camry has a better interior than any of these BMWs

85C3A048-BD19-41DD-BB5D-17FF41EF56D6.jpeg

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Im guessing the Camry is virtually the same too right?

7bb79207938ab2ef5748a8fada14933d.jpg

You're focusing too much on the HVAC, iDrive controller, and shifter instead of the actual design. Do you have any of your own points that don't come directly from facebook memes?
No the Camry is more supra than that BMW parts bin
Sponsored