TE-37 Ultra M Blast Bronze Order Issue

mikelitetime

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Strat Blue 3.0 Premium AT
Happy thursday everyone, I'm having an issue with my TE37 order and I'm trying to get some perspective to see if this is normal with this brand or not. I've always heard you have to wait a little bit for these as they're built to order. I won't name where I ordered them from yet since idk if this is actually an issue, but its a pretty reputable company across multiple platforms.

I ordered my wheels on October 9th of last year. The original website listing listed the wheels as "Low Stock!" to which I assumed that meant, "in stock" (silly me). I got a call from the company the next day that said they were NOT in stock and its special order. I say "ok well how long will it take for them to get here?" And they quoted a ship date from Japan of 9 January 2024. I say "cool thats no problem the car is tucked in right now for winter anways". 9 Jan comes and they tell me the wheels wont ship till the end of January. End of January comes and they tell me the new ship date is 29 Feb (today), I called today and now they just told me a new
ship date of 30 APRIL IN TWO MONTHS. Is 6+ months normal for TEs?!

Am I getting shafted right now or is this par for the course for Ray's/Volk?? I told the company that I ordered from if I dont get an update on whats going on in 24 hours I'm gonna ask for a refund because I'd rather buy second hand for cheaper than get slapped around like this.

Thank you all for the insight!
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Just refund it. TE37s aren't all that. Certainly not for the wait.

You could get GMR 05 Forged in any color, finish, size, and offset you could imagine in a few weeks. It'll tick all the same boxes, cost less, and arrive sooner. Many similar designs available.

OP
OP
mikelitetime

mikelitetime

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

You could get GMR 05 Forged in any color, finish, size, and offset you could imagine in a few weeks. It'll tick all the same boxes, cost less, and arrive sooner. Many similar designs available.
I was mostly just looking for other people's experience with ordering TE37s. I already have my second fave wheel picked out. Thank you though!

mvtte

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0
Special order for Volks are usually up to a year, so it doesn't sound too out of the ordinary. I'd wait until April. For future reference I'd email a rep from the distributor to confirm that they do have a set in stock just so you don't run into a situation like this again.

Binhwind

First Name
Binh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
I just pm you a place that have that set of Volk in stock.

Rustyscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Tundra, 21 Supra, 66 VW Bus
I got mine from Titan Motorsports and they had about 12 sets of TE's in stock at the time in "Supra Spec" so I took them home that day. However I've heard of 9+ months being fairly normal.

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT

Thanks for posting this, I didn’t know they existed. I’m been looking for decent options around their price point.

OP
OP
mikelitetime

mikelitetime

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got mine from Titan Motorsports and they had about 12 sets of TE's in stock at the time in "Supra Spec" so I took them home that day. However I've heard of 9+ months being fairly normal.
Thats awesome to hear! I'm jealous! I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they have any left. I'm not super set on blast bronze so I'm willing to go for other colors

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
Waited 10 months for my TE's (4runner). Currently 2 months out of 6 in waiting for my Advans. Work hard enough so that you forgot you ordered wheels lol, that's how i get by.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
This is exactly why my Supra ended up with Advan GT Premium wheels. I wanted the GT Beyond in Hyper Black/Machined. Unfortunately it was either wait six months potentially or take home the readily available Premiums in Hyper Black/Machined.

fingers crossed for you!

Jayv64

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91CF
If they are not in stock already in the US 9-12 months is completely normal. The Tire shop scratched one of mine in October and the replacement is still not here. They said 1 year. No matter how expensive a “similar style” wheel is still a replica in my eyes

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Would you want TE37SL in bronze instead of the Ultras? We have those. I have other Ultras unless you only want bronze.

-Josh

OP
OP
mikelitetime

mikelitetime

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Would you want TE37SL in bronze instead of the Ultras? We have those. I have other Ultras unless you only want bronze.

-Josh
What other Ultra colors do you have? The only one I really dont want is mag blue
Sponsored