OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
When was the last time you changed your clutch fluid and bled the system out of interest?

Phil
I see where you are going with this but the car has 3k miles on it so clutch fluid change is not a priority at the moment.

However I did change brake fluid (which is clutch fluid) to RF 650 the first week I've got the car. Clutch slave master cylinder was not bled at the time so it probably pushed the same stock fluid back and forth until it mixed it with RF650 in the fluid reservoir.

It is now bled with RF 650 as I removed the CDV last week. People swear a massive change in feel but tbh transmission feels the same to me except it was easier to get a 3-->2 downshift at the buttonwillow offramp. Normally the transmission fights me there.

To be fair, you used launching as an example of where the CDV has a negative impact. I just brought some hard data so we might compare notes and test that idea. As my personal observations are that the CDV helps with launching, especially at the track.
Yeah I think launching the car for drag and driving the car on a race track are two different use cases for CDV. I can understand CDV helping with launches and clutch disk taking abuse beeing better than drivetrain shock/damage. In my case I don't think there is any drivetrain shock from upshifting or downshifting with revmatch (unless money shift ofcourse) so clutch life is more important.

I did the mod btw, removed the valve and the gasket that was holding it in place. Did a track day...don't feel much of a change if anything to be honest. Clutch pedal did not slap my foot this time around though I was not trying to release it as fast as possible so who knows.
Sponsored

First Name
Qiang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra Premium MT
Yeah I think launching the car for drag and driving the car on a race track are two different use cases for CDV. I can understand CDV helping with launches and clutch disk taking abuse beeing better than drivetrain shock/damage. In my case I don't think there is any drivetrain shock from upshifting or downshifting with revmatch (unless money shift ofcourse) so clutch life is more important.
I totally agree. The car has rev matching for both upshifting and downshifting, which makes me wonder why it's necessary to have the CDV.