The 2021 News Really Bums Me Out / Buyer's Remorse

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
I seriously doubt there will be a price increase.

I’m pretty sure the reason we are seeing this new engine now has everything to do with BMW’s supply chain. There’s no reason for them to keep producing the old b58. All BMW cars that have an i6 will get this new b58 and the old b58 will be phased out in all models.
That is incorrect and misleading speculation. Both engines were developed at the same time by BMW and were part of the TÜ1 update. There is no old one and new one. They are just used in different applications. For example the 840i uses a similar engine and is newer than the Z4 M40i.

Furthermore, the "new" engine does not seem to meet Europe emission standards, so phasing out the "old" engine seems even more far fetched.
Sponsored

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
While I appreciate the idea, it has nothing to do with my post. My position isn't that I'm mad because I don't have the best car, or the best Supra. Of course better versions are coming. It has nothing at ALL to do with what other's have or any sense of jealousy.

The core of my point is the FEELING of a bad deal and the REALITY of a bad deal.

The feeling comes from knowing that if I'd waited 7 months, my car would be objectively better for the same cost. Early adopters now have the least powerful 3.0 Supra for the same price that others will get the better one for.

The reality comes from the inevitable accelerated depreciation.

None of my feelings involve jealousy or a desire of the best. Those ideas aren't relevant to my post. The feeling is as if I got shafted in a transaction. Nothing more, nothing less.
You are fortunate enough to be in a position where you have an LFA yet you are allowing the depreciation on a Supra to keep you up at night? You need to reframe this “loss” as being fortunate enough to own these kinds of fun but often terrible investments. You win some and lose some with these kinds of luxuries. It sucks but it sucks more if you let it get to you.

I didn’t like what they did so what I’m doing about it my wife’s next car later this year was going to be a Toyota or Lexus. Now it won’t be. That would have been my fifth Toyota purchase in a row. Hell, I’m pretty happy with my “BMW” so it may be one with an actual BMW badge next. I’ll call/email corporate and let them know why they lost a sale and that is that. If someone wants to go on a warpath and class action this, I’ll sign up. What I won’t do is let this live rent free in my head. I’m not going to regret a decision I’m actively enjoying over something I have no control over that was always a possibility.

I genuinely hope you put this behind you and focus on the many positives in your life. Life is too short for regretting a luxury.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
That is incorrect and misleading speculation. Both engines were developed at the same time by BMW and were part of the TÜ1 update. There is no old one and new one. They are just used in different applications. For example the 840i uses a similar engine and is newer than the Z4 M40i.

Furthermore, the "new" engine does not seem to meet Europe emission standards, so phasing out the "old" engine seems even more far fetched.
Agreed. And to add, if I was a businessman, I would definitely capitalize on making more profits with the new announcement. I am thinking an additional $2,500 to $3,000 minimal increase over msrp with additional of the stupid dealership markups.....

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Good lord, bunch of for lack of a better word, snowflakes. You wanted the Supra as soon as possible, you paid a premium, and NOW you're gonna cry about it? "I'll be ok if they raise the price" what kinda fucked up mentality is that!? It's ok if others get more power as long as they pay more than you? GTFOH. You didn't have patience, you knew this was coming, it's your own damn fault. I was waiting for the Misano, now Refraction, blue to be announced. It's been known for months it was coming, along with the bump in power. FFS. Bunch of crybabies.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You are fortunate enough to be in a position where you have an LFA yet you are allowing the depreciation on a Supra to keep you up at night? You need to reframe this “loss” as being fortunate enough to own these kinds of fun but often terrible investments. You win some and lose some with these kinds of luxuries. It sucks but it sucks more if you let it get to you.

I didn’t like what they did so what I’m doing about it my wife’s next car later this year was going to be a Toyota or Lexus. Now it won’t be. That would have been my fifth Toyota purchase in a row. Hell, I’m pretty happy with my “BMW” so it may be one with an actual BMW badge next. I’ll call/email corporate and let them know why they lost a sale and that is that. If someone wants to go on a warpath and class action this, I’ll sign up. What I won’t do is let this live rent free in my head. I’m not going to regret a decision I’m actively enjoying over something I have no control over that was always a possibility.

I genuinely hope you put this behind you and focus on the many positives in your life. Life is too short for regretting a luxury.
I think it wouldn’t be too far fetched for Toyota to reach out to the existing 2020 owners and provide software revisions for the active dampening, power steering, rear differential, and etc. That alone would make me feel better. It will let us know that Toyota hasn’t forgotten about the existing 2020 crowd. Just my opinion.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
That's technology, dude.
People buy iPhone 11 and everybody knows next year will have a better model.

You buy earlier, you enjoy earlier; you buy later, you get more.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
That's technology, dude.

I love my iPhone 11 Pro. Camera is amazing! Lol IPhone 10 to IPhone 11 wasn’t much of difference as the 2020 vs 2021. Bad comparison there. :(

Nc1dent

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That's technology, dude.

We finally got to the point where people are unironically comparing phones to cars. Mods you can close the thread as far as I'm concerned.

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
You must have missed where I said "Never going to recoup that.". I was fully aware of that. HOWEVER, I did not expect nor should I have expected such radical, substantial changes in the car after only one model year. This is a complete dick slap move by Toyota simply "because they can". Name another model car and the consecutive years in production where a car went through such changes and there wasn't a major redesign in the car such as a new generation of the same vehicle. Bonus points if the first model year was a brand new generation of the model.
dodge for sure lol

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
I love my iPhone 11 Pro. Camera is amazing! Lol IPhone 10 to IPhone 11 wasn’t much of difference as the 2020 vs 2021. Bad comparison there. :(
But 11 to 12 with the 5G and better/more cameras and faster!!! youre gonna want to upgrade this year ;)

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
But 11 to 12 with the 5G and better/more cameras and faster!!! youre gonna want to upgrade this year ;)
i am good. I am really happy with my iPhone 11 Pro. I usually update every 4-5 years on phone or when the memory is out. But I picked up the 512gb version so I should be good for another 5 years.

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
i am good. I am really happy with my iPhone 11 Pro. I usually update every 4-5 years on phone or when the memory is out. But I picked up the 512gb version so I should be good for another 5 years.
I upgraded from the 8 plus to the 10 plus less than a month from the 11 coming out. Had to get it since mine died on me. now it looks like Im cursed since i got the Supra less than 2 months from the new model being revealed. Sorry guys ill take the blame for bad juju lol. Im happy with both though!

ynguldyn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A better one
I think it wouldn’t be too far fetched for Toyota to reach out to the existing 2020 owners and provide software revisions for the active dampening, power steering, rear differential, and etc. That alone would make me feel better. It will let us know that Toyota hasn’t forgotten about the existing 2020 crowd. Just my opinion.
I feel like you were thinking about Tesla while writing "Toyota".
Sponsored