The 2021 News Really Bums Me Out / Buyer's Remorse

E46M3forRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991.1 GT3 / F87 M2 CS
It’s pretty obvious toyota is following what bmw has to offer. There’s no room in the bargaining table for Toyota and as long as bmw is the supplier, there’s going to be a lot of salty people that aren’t used to bmw’s business model. This usually happens to all non-M models.

I’m on my 5th ///M car and have learned that I will not settle for less. Go big or go home.

I’m patiently waiting for the right Supra to popup and will add one to my stable.
Sponsored

CJ-

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra LE
Will all 2021’s have a black interior?

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Will all 2021’s have a black interior?
Wait and after a few years you will most likely get many color choices.

Who knows how this will pan out, though it shouldn't be very long to find out. One thing I have found out in electronics, both hardware and software, in sound equipment, newer and improved, isn't always that but it may be different and suit a different test.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
It’s pretty obvious toyota is following what bmw has to offer. There’s no room in the bargaining table for Toyota and as long as bmw is the supplier, there’s going to be a lot of salty people that aren’t used to bmw’s business model. This usually happens to all non-M models.

I’m on my 5th ///M car and have learned that I will not settle for less. Go big or go home.

I’m patiently waiting for the right Supra to popup and will add one to my stable.
Yeah but looked what happened with the M2 and the the M2C, this stuff happens unfortunately.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Very likely it seems. One of the changes was the Black Alcantera steering wheel.
Black alcantara center seating inserts also. Don’t like that stuff, at least not for a car that will get significantly driven.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Black alcantara center seating inserts also. Don’t like that stuff, at least not for a car that will get significantly driven.
I don't either. It feels cheap in my opinion.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Alcantara is great! I purposely chose Alcantara over leather in my STI. Keeps you from sliding all over the seat during spirited and/or track driving. Leather is for touring. I'm very happy about the Alcantara centers.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Alcantara is great! I purposely chose Alcantara over leather in my STI. Keeps you from sliding all over the seat during spirited and/or track driving. Leather is for touring. I'm very happy about the Alcantara centers.
That’s true but it’s hot as all get out in the summer. My S4 had it. It also picks up smells like residual smoke etc...

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Last edited:

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
The 2021 Supra will use the BMW M340i engine, complete with the 6 (vs. 2) external port heads, matching exhaust manifold and 10.2:1 pistons (permits more boost). But that's hardly the extend of the changes. That engines cooling system is a "split" system that includes extensive upgrades in order to cope with that engine's added output (at least 50 SAE Net HP). The fuel system is also of larger capacity (including pump) for improved flow.

You're kidding yourself if you think the 2020 Supra engine is any match for the 2021 (M340i engine).
Yep. An extra 3 ft.-lb. of torque coming in later. Wow.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Really my biggest gripe is the cooling improvements mentioned in the technicals... seeing as how I live in a place where the roads are 130F+ 2-3 months out of the year. Although on the other hand, if my car overheats or loses power in an attempt to avoid overheating... I'll take it to the dealership 3 times and let Toyota replace the engine under warranty or lemon law the car and start the process over. ;)

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Really my biggest gripe is the cooling improvements mentioned in the technicals... seeing as how I live in a place where the roads are 130F+ 2-3 months out of the year. Although on the other hand, if my car overheats or loses power in an attempt to avoid overheating... I'll take it to the dealership 3 times and let Toyota replace the engine under warranty or lemon law the car and start the process over. ;)
Yeah, I am in Tucson, and of course it gets hot here as well. I don't know what to expect of the engine in hot weather.
Sponsored