The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
For example the race version? Or items such as a rolling chassis with whatever motor you want along with trans options?
Not sure how much I'm allowed to say. I think I saw one of reviewers mention the track pack though, and that may be available at release (although the US generally gets shafted)

Here is your list of interesting items at launch Toyota: Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, and Manual.
Someone important (wont say who) commented on how loud the outcry over the manual has been, and I can only say it made me happy lol. This was behind closed doors which is more substantial than just playing things off in public.
Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Here is your list of interesting items at launch Toyota: Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, and Manual.
Lol.. u need to calm down.

It maybe a double edged sword meaning.. if the US market is offered with one loaded up 55-65k model with AMVs around 10k.. I see the cars sitting at dealerships. Without having a proper market reach I donā€™t see them cashing in on anything at least in the US market.

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1985 Supra (1jz vvti swap incoming) 2004 V8 4Runner
Did ya hear that guys... complaining about something on the internet might have actually accomplished something :popcorn:. But in all seriousness, I hope that all this positive feedback from the most recent reviews combined with almost every video/article expressing an amount of disappointment about the lack of a manual option is the push toyota needs.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not sure if it was the net, but maybe part of it. A lot of folks have been pestering Tada and others in person and/or interviews too.

Regardless, there's a ton at stake, and I've discussed it previously with Guff in that I really hope they don't ruin all the possibilities

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
@A70TTR how long would the MKV reception(post release) have to last in order for Toyota to green light the Manual?

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if it was the net, but maybe part of it. A lot of folks have been pestering Tada and others in person and/or interviews too.

Regardless, there's a ton at stake, and I've discussed it previously with Guff in that I really hope they don't ruin all the possibilities
Interesting.. do they feel like they didnā€™t do proper market research on what people actually want at this point given the outcry for manuals?

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Interesting.. do they feel like they didnā€™t do proper market research on what people actually want at this point given the outcry for manuals?
they know the Manual Toyobaru and Miata sell like hotcakes

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@A70TTR how long would the MKV reception(post release) have to last in order for Toyota to green light the Manual?
No clue, like seriously not even a guess.

I doubt it; someone probably has some excuse.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No clue, like seriously not even a guess.
No worries.. whatā€™s intriguing is.. every previous gen Supra in Madrid was a manual. Not one was an auto. How come toyota decided to show all manual versions of previous gens and the reporters went out and they only had automatics to drive. Strange choice.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So from the reviews, I have seen track package, notes on manual, horsepower ranging from 295 to 380, and on top of that, your comments in this thread has me hyped

Strange question and might be tough to answer.

Paper or plastic?

:)

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
Pleasantly surprised with what Iā€™m hearing thus far...

The new render + manual is a match truly made in heaven.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
The Z4 has direct injection, do you think its borrowed from Toyota? Does BMW already use direct injection?

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
The Z4 has direct injection, do you think its borrowed from Toyota? Does BMW already use direct injection?
Yes, BMW has been utilizing direct injection on their 3.0L turbo engines since the N54 (back in 2006).

The big question is if the Supra engine will be utilizing its D4S dual injection system (port and direction injection) as this fuel system has been key with preventing carbon build up on the Lexus engines that incorporate this technology (as well as the FA20 used for the 86 twins).
Sponsored