The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I didn't mean to come off as rude (the net can do that), but it's just at the point where I've said all I have to say and the staff have pretty much told me all they can.

The rest can only be solved by time and interviews.

Do I know more on some of this stuff? Yes, but if it was info I could give out then I would. That said, I think everyone has a good general idea of what is to come.

Last edited:

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
It's far easier to just say wait for the car to be released. I've mentioned most of the stuff that is different or Toyota design (the entire body aside from chassis, the engine which was refined in Japan, the suspension and engine tuning, and more), and yet folks are somehow surprised by the car using BMW components...

Of course it uses BMW components; that was always the plan from day one.
So are you saying that most of the reviews, articles and Toyota engineers are wrong when they say the engine is 100% bmw and only the ecu has been programmed differently than the Z4? Let’s leave all the suspension stuff out for now.

Engine, transmission and chassis is 100% bmw, true or false?

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
So are you saying that most of the reviews, articles and Toyota engineers are wrong when they say the engine is 100% bmw and only the ecu has been programmed differently than the Z4? Let’s leave all the suspension stuff out for now.

didn't Tada say the media would be like this?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Please cite engineers claiming engine is 100% BMW :)

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In any case, who created what will be available soon without me having to defend it and argue against folks on the internet. I have little interest in such things...

The A90 has a lot of Toyota design and engineering baked into it using BMW parts and components. Some of these parts and components were refined/redesigned by Toyota as needed and the rest were simply arranged in a way befitting the end result.

The car is not a BMW however as it was not designed or engineered by them.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Does the z4 utilize these refinements in parts as well?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does the z4 utilize these refinements in parts as well?
The answer I received to that question was that the changes would apply to upcoming BMW models. They didn't specifically mention the Z4 so I just assumed it was included.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The answer I received to that question was that the changes would apply to upcoming BMW models. They didn't specifically mention the Z4 so I just assumed it was included.
Ah cool. So those refinements were pretty much made to a standard issue B58

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To whatever the newer engine is called, be it B58 or otherwise is my assumption. Hopefully we can learn more about what these changes are as time goes on.
Do you ever see Toyota killing all ties with BMW and install an in house motor in these cars? Or would killing ties means loosing the chassis as well?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't think it would be feasible or make sense to do so for several reasons, but there are a few interesting items some of my colleagues were discussing that GR has planned for this car after the initial car is released.

I think they would have been much better off bringing these items to market off the bat, but it truly does seem that they want to see money coming in before going forward with them (unfortunate but expected). These things should be mentioned or hinted at here and there as we get closer to release.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it would be feasible or make sense to do so for several reasons, but there are a few interesting items some of my colleagues were discussing that GR has planned for this car after the initial car is released.

I think they would have been much better off bringing these items to market off the bat, but it truly does seem that they want to see money coming in before going forward with them (unfortunate but expected). These things should be mentioned or hinted at here and there as we get closer to release.
For example the race version? Or items such as a rolling chassis with whatever motor you want along with trans options?

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1985 Supra (1jz vvti swap incoming) 2004 V8 4Runner
Here is your list of interesting items at launch Toyota: Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, Manual, and Manual.
Sponsored