Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
Last question for me,

What is the expected Horsepower for the highest trim level?
(plz dont say 340, pz dont say 340 + 37hp over boost) :(
Sponsored

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
that is definitely one I cant answer haha, but Tada definitely was adamant about a great deal of things on that end. He applied a very Toyota approach vs what BMW would be content with. The two cars/variants are very different in a myriad of ways despite sharing components. It's legitimately cringe worthy for the Supra to be compared to the Z4 given the differences.
Nothing new here but worth it to give it a try :lol::patriot:

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
[QUOTE="A70TTR, post: 13543, member: 847
"The execs don't even know what they want aside from sales targets, but Akio is apparently very pleased with the current plans versus some concerns early on.[/QUOTE]

Now i can go in peace
Screenshot_2018-03-02-13-21-16.png

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Ford and Chrysler both instituted markup mitigation measures that penalize dealers that participate in those activities, but I am unsure of what Toyota has done on that end.

I dont think Honda has any measures in place, which is why the NSX and Civic Type R were sky high price wise.
Ford and Chrysler had that much demand for their cars? lol...

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
[QUOTE="decryphe, post: 13373, member: 942"

Or are we getting a proper AE86 replacement... light RWD coupe or hatchback grocery getter with I4? I mean, the Yaris GRMN was pretty close, but the engine was mounted the wrong way around and it had wrong-wheel-drive.[/QUOTE

She's called the IM

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
80 vs 110k is still a big jump IMO

That said, I'd recommend reviewing Lexus price bracketing for the RC in terms of structure based on changes/modifications. In other words the jump between them. At the same time, it's not an exact science and prices are subject to change and all sorts of variables.

Base: 43.5k
F-Sport: 47k
RCF: 65k

(options not factored in)
By comparison in Canada, MSRP (excluding incentives) for RCF
Base: $86,250 (well optioned with sunroof, leather etc)
Optioned: $94,450 includes performance package of, painted brake calipers, TVD, Carbon Fibre Roof, Carbon Fibre Active Spoiler

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
LOL So A70 I see someone took my idea from your goodbye thread and made it into their own. Except now everyone gets a question lol love it, so here is mine.

Why has everything been so quiet since the build up to Geneva? It's like we were seeing leaks and spy shots every now and then, now its quiet....Also, can you give us an idea why its taking another year before they are ready to show us the production version? Especially when we can see spy shots/videos with all the padding off. Did they go back to the drawing board? My guess is that maybe they plan to launch all the trim levels at once and it will take more time to finalize engineering and all the other details. But I feel like that is unlikely.

Side note: now that I think about it Ford did something similar with the Mustang, they launched the redesigned GT first, then later the dropped the Shelby GT 350 and 350R at the same damn time. Ugh I just don't understand why they need a whole year just to show us the base version, only to have us wait two more years for the real deal...

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Not to oversimplify, but the engineering track has been good to go for a long time. There have been no major changes aside from anything taking place right now (unlikely).

Car was always set to be a 2020MY.

As far as the slowdown in leaks, simple, they go around and tell everyone to cut the chatter and ensure everyone is legally bound. Marketing and product planners are involved in every way now and as such its a totally different game.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Thanks but dam...sounds like we wont get many details now...anyone in Marketing/Product you can invite to come join this wonderful forum?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
There are a bunch on here; a few have reached out to me, and they have all been super cool.

I wouldn't expect any of them to say anything here though and rightfully so from a company perspective.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Ah ok the whole Confidentiality thing... hopefully some things will leak out we are desperate for some ongoing news/updates...

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
The base trim will be the 2.0 liter? Because all the sites say it will come as 4 and 6 cylinders.