The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
Hi @A70TTR I have a question for you. Do you think Toyota will use the same engine for their motorsports activities? I know that plays a huge roll in further development and perfecting of engines but this isn't their engine. The more they develop it, the more only BMW gains in the future and not Toyota. Unless they don't share anything with bmw :D In which case whatever they do to it is purely a waste of money?
Excellent question. For certain programs, it's a given that they will, but I'd really be interested in the answer to this too.
Sponsored

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Given what I've discussed with them (limited), they're mostly interested in GTE/GT3 level stuff which typically harnesses the stock engine.

Tada and some others in the program did mention looking into GT500 (4cyl) and other series where they use different engines iirc, but I don't think there are any plans for anything of that nature at the moment.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
Given what I've discussed with them (limited), they're mostly interested in GTE/GT3 level stuff which typically harnesses the stock engine.

Tada and some others in the program did mention looking into GT500 (4cyl) and other series where they use different engines iirc, but I don't think there are any plans for anything of that nature at the moment.
Exactly why it's a given.

Very much doubt that they will replace the LC500 in Super GT, especially if an LC F is going to be brought to market. Also, considering the work done with the development of the RC F GT3, I doubt that the Supra will replace it. Maybe they will build GTE and GT4 versions? TMG has really been making their motorsport business work with the V3 and R3 GT86s. I'm sure they would love to diversify their portfolio.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have never really studied their motorsports foray for detailed analysis, but due to how convoluted everything is I think anything is possible lol.

Like you said however, logically they would likely prefer a spread where they have platforms in as many separate series as possible.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I have never really studied their motorsports foray for detailed analysis, but due to how convoluted everything is I think anything is possible lol.

Like you said however, logically they would likely prefer a spread where they have platforms in as many separate series as possible.
Just imagine
GR Super Sport in LMP1
Supra in LMGTEPRO
LC in SUPER GT
RCF in GT3
Edit: Yaris in WRC
what a time for Toyota!

Last edited:
OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think it's been running without pause, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: I meant the Gazoo Racing WRC platform. I don't think the GRMN road version is running any series...

Last edited:

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The TRD(GRMN?) Yaris looks like a great DD. Hopefully there will be more options than just the 168hp 4 cyl in the future
A hatchback Yaris with AWD capabilities and some grunt with torque should be plenty of fun. Keep it around 3000-3200 lbs and I feel Toyota can capture part of the market.

So when is the news going to break that they are making this car alongside the WRX STI hatchback for the new generation? Not trying to be pessimistic but the track record has my hopes a bit down.
Sponsored