Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
The entire Supra community is hoping for a miracle.. but every time I see something interesting to read.. I get a little bit more disappointed. Still a lot more unknowns.. maybe.. just maybe.. there is a saving grace for this thing..
Sponsored

TX3i2Supra

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'89 Ford TX3i
^ I suppose it depends on your general outlook on life. Personally, with every new snippet of information & updated rendering I get more excited for this thing. Delusional? Perhaps, but as I've said before, Toyota will not mess this up as there is too much on the line. I can happily wait for another 8-10 months & I have no doubt we will all be pleasantly surprised when this journey ends.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
The entire Supra community is hoping for a miracle.. but every time I see something interesting to read.. I get a little bit more disappointed. Still a lot more unknowns.. maybe.. just maybe.. there is a saving grace for this thing..
Man, I am gonna miss this site! I'm on the same boat.. Picking up my RCF this Friday. :confused:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^ I suppose it depends on your general outlook on life. Personally, with every new snippet of information & updated rendering I get more excited for this thing. Delusional? Perhaps, but as I've said before, Toyota will not mess this up as there is too much on the line. I can happily wait for another 8-10 months & I have no doubt we will all be pleasantly surprised when this journey ends.
Besides Toyota promising a very low curb weight.. I haven’t seen anything that’s exciting. Maybe a high 300 to low 400hp output on the top spec, no manual cause they don’t think people want them, possibly fake door vents, what’s really exciting you? I’m sure there are a lot of interesting things to come but so far.. haven’t seen anything that’s worthwhile. You want to see what gets people worked up and eager to the reveal.. look at what FCA did with the demon, updated Hellcat, what Ford is doing with the new Shelby GT500.

Blind faith in Toyota won’t mess this thing up is something I would’ve said many years ago but they’ve disappointed over and over again.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I am gonna miss this site! I'm on the same boat.. Picking up my RCF this Friday. :confused:
Instead of Toyota trying to reinvent the wheel, if they stuck this old V8 and gave us a manual transmission and an option for the 8spd auto in a shortened LC platform it would’ve been an instant success. Everyone wanted an in-line 6 but not a BMW in-line 6. Heck if that’s the case then there is a M2 with the real transmission available. What’s the point in a Toyota with a bmw engine??

Congrats on the RCF.. they are awesome. I really considered a GSF but couldn’t work out the numbers. Dealer didn’t want to pass on the 10k dealer cash Lexus had on the car.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Instead of Toyota trying to reinvent the wheel, if they stuck this old V8 and gave us a manual transmission and an option for the 8spd auto in a shortened LC platform it would’ve been an instant success. Everyone wanted an in-line 6 but not a BMW in-line 6. Heck if that’s the case then there is a M2 with the real transmission available. What’s the point in a Toyota with a bmw engine??

Congrats on the RCF.. they are awesome. I really considered a GSF but couldn’t work out the numbers. Dealer didn’t want to pass on the 10k dealer cash Lexus had on the car.
I remember checking one out two years ago and the salesperson was a complete A hole. He didn't want to let me test drive the car. He asked me questions like if I went to college or that I should pay half for the car. Lol

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
No no we cant wait another 8-10 months, neither can Toyota or they will lose too many buyers...(ex. see post above bought an RCF as couldnt wait) they need to get this car to market as soon as possible..

Last edited:

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Congrats Villa Jonny, I test drove a few of them, that NA V8 is sweet and lots of potential, but I found it heavy and not very dynamic, so I am keeping my ISF, until the Supra is finally released...but is getting hard to keep waiting...

Anyway, post some pics of your new wheels and feeback... cheers

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No no we cant wait another 8-10 months, neither can Toyota or they will lose too many buyers...(ex. see post above bought an RCF as couldnt wait) they need to get this car to market as soon as possible..
As soon as I lost hope I traded in my Mustang GT for a GT350. Really was hoping for a Supra but I instead bought something that offered three pedals.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Ya cant say as I blame you...I am considering buying something else also...

Toyota just wont share anything which is frustrating for most or all us on this forum, the marketing team needs to step up now and do their job...

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none

Toyota just wont share anything which is frustrating for most or all us on this forum, the marketing team needs to step up now and do their job...
Wouldn't Toyota be shooting themselves in the foot if they leaked it this early?

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

True dat! I have a kid on the way and I been wanting a RCF since they came out. I would wait a bit longer but.. meh.. waited too long and decided to pull the trigger and get me a RCF. Maybe I will trade my RCF a couple of years from now and pick up a Supra. Who knows.. Lol

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT
Besides Toyota promising a very low curb weight.. I haven’t seen anything that’s exciting. Maybe a high 300 to low 400hp output on the top spec, no manual cause they don’t think people want them, possibly fake door vents, what’s really exciting you? I’m sure there are a lot of interesting things to come but so far.. haven’t seen anything that’s worthwhile. You want to see what gets people worked up and eager to the reveal.. look at what FCA did with the demon, updated Hellcat, what Ford is doing with the new Shelby GT500.

Blind faith in Toyota won’t mess this thing up is something I would’ve said many years ago but they’ve disappointed over and over again.
Well said.

As soon as I lost hope I traded in my Mustang GT for a GT350. Really was hoping for a Supra but I instead bought something that offered three pedals.
I'm at getting to that point myself. I've been holding out for three cars. The refreshed Camaro is FUBAR. The more I see/read about the Supra the more disappointed I get. Between the very uninspiring power estimates, to the non-functional yet very ugly vents, and the non-driver-centric cockpit feel. At $50k, Toyota needs to do a whole lot more than hit a weight number of sub-3000lbs, which they will likely miss by a mile. My one saving grace will be the mid-engine Corvette in a couple years.
Sponsored