The Magazine Scan Thread

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Baby steps.. let’s say F U to Godzilla first.. lol
"They" will always be a few steps behind Godzilla. I think it's fair to say that the GT-R was....is....and always will be Japan's "Supercar."

It will be interesting to see what the aftermarket does with the MKV....patiently waiting.
Sponsored

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I asked a friend who can read Japanese and I believe Katakana.

Said it was nothing we haven't known already. Bmw sourced engine, 3.0, 6L, Just a new render and look at the engine render and underbody render.

I do hope he's wrong just to see if there's something he's missing but worth adding as we wait for Zakira to translate personally.

dshandy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Chevy Camaro SS, 2014 Audi A5
Also, that is an M3/M4 engine if I'm not mistaken.

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
Also, that is an M3/M4 engine if I'm not mistaken.
It is not actually an m3/m4 engine , these engines have the S in their engine codes (S55,S58 etc) . The supra will come with the engine from the m240i which is called B58TU (tu is the tech update bmw is doing as a power facelift of sorts). Now the question in everyones lips is if this B58 engine has anything toyota on it.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
It is not actually an m3/m4 engine , these engines have the S in their engine codes (S55,S58 etc) . The supra will come with the engine from the m240i which is called B58TU (tu is the tech update bmw is doing as a power facelift of sorts). Now the question in everyones lips is if this B58 engine has anything toyota on it.
He’s talking about the engine shown in the magazine article.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Pricing sounds good, but that's probably just for the 4 banger.
Yep, I thought the same...probably bare-bones version (aka 4cyl, cloth seats, etc...) starting at $45k.

There better be a manual with the top tier twin turbo model.

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
"They" will always be a few steps behind Godzilla. I think it's fair to say that the GT-R was....is....and always will be Japan's "Supercar."

It will be interesting to see what the aftermarket does with the MKV....patiently waiting.

Toyota never released the Supra with the intention of it being a supercar, it kind of just became "supercar" status, because of all the videos online of Supras taking down lambos, ferraris, astons, etc... I also think that's why a lot of people on the forum are pissed about the Zupra and have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the car.

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
Toyota never released the Supra with the intention of it being a supercar, it kind of just became "supercar" status, because of all the videos online of Supras taking down lambos, ferraris, astons, etc... I also think that's why a lot of people on the forum are pissed about the Zupra and have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the car.
the engineers behind the mk4 were perfectly aware of the capabilities of the car , i mean in 1993 a 0-100 in 5 secs was ferrari territory and all that from the factory not with some crazy tune. Also it was relatively light and handled great , so the videos and movies might made the car an era icon but that doesn't change the fact that toyota made the car a supercar with 1/3 of the price of supercars.

People seem upset and let down wih the mk5 because the car is looking more like an ordinary car, i mean toyota above all else treated the project with caution so they can pull out if it fails . They knew they could not use the platform for other projects easily so they borrowed one already made and tweaked it. The 93 supra was a show of what toyota was capable of in 1993, the lfa supercar was a show of what lexus could do in 2010 , the mk5 is not following this logic , so people get upset for not getting a proper show from toyota, i can't blame them .

For me it is a different story, i want the car to tick some things on my list in order to buy it and that's it.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ if this was they year 2003; based on the rumors I'd say this Supra is acceptable as the MKV Supra (maybe, excluding the BMW collab of course). However, the car is coming out in 2019 and it seems like that's what we're getting a car that looks to fit the times (FT-1 resemblance) but the specs seem to only be playing catch up from specs given to a car 25+ years ago. The competition the Supra beat 25 years ago seems to no longer be the competition today. To me it sounds like this car is just a NEW car in a class of its own. The fact that it has an inline 6 + RWD should not justify why it's the MKV Supra.

Just venting a bit. But that's the way I see it to add to what tfoxyr already mentioned. Well back to waiting for something official :coffee:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
^ if this was they year 2003; based on the rumors I'd say this Supra is acceptable as the MKV Supra (maybe, excluding the BMW collab of course). However, the car is coming out in 2019 and it seems like that's what we're getting a car that looks to fit the times (FT-1 resemblance) but the specs seem to only be playing catch up from specs given to a car 25+ years ago. The competition the Supra beat 25 years ago seems to no longer be the competition today. To me it sounds like this car is just a NEW car in a class of its own. The fact that it has an inline 6 + RWD should not justify why it's the MKV Supra.

Just venting a bit. But that's the way I see it to add to what tfoxyr already mentioned. Well back to waiting for something official :coffee:
Yeah.. agreed. Now this abortion is comparable to Honda Civic Type R as even that FWD car is faster than what we are getting with the Supra name. This world would be better without this car being called as a Supra. But Toyota has no concern for tradition, honor or doing the right thing. For them money is the only thing they care about. If the founder of the company hears about.. its flagship car is made by BMW he might shoot everyone that was responsible for it and go back to his grave. Pathetic.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah.. agreed. Now this abortion is comparable to Honda Civic Type R as even that FWD car is faster than what we are getting with the Supra name. This world would be better without this car being called as a Supra.

But Toyota has no concern for tradition, honor or doing the right thing.

For them money is the only thing they care about.

If the founder of the company hears about.. its flagship car is made by BMW he might shoot everyone that was responsible for it and go back to his grave. Pathetic.
1. We haven't been given a time for the new Supra, or know what they have done to it to achieve a time like if it was stock or modded or even tuned. I'd rather wait on the conclusions until we are given the time.

2. So all the 2000GT, MKIII and MKIV Supras out in Madrid right now is just for looks? Or the consistent Supra meets by Toyota was just for PR? They certainly drove the previous generations and went back to see how to capture that excitement. The President raced in motorsports in Japan prior to his tenure as president, I'm sure he would decide in the end what's the car called in the end.

3. God forbid they catered only to enthusiasts and lose their margins as a whole that they never make another sports car ever again. They are not Porsche, where a guy could buy a car, drive it for five years and sell it near MSRP cause the value holds up.

4. I have no comeback for this, this is actually funny. Though, he'd probably ask how much money was saved, went through the Toyota way system and test drive it himself before going back to his grave, content.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
1. We haven't been given a time for the new Supra, or know what they have done to it to achieve a time like if it was stock or modded or even tuned. I'd rather wait on the conclusions until we are given the time.

2. So all the 2000GT, MKIII and MKIV Supras out in Madrid right now is just for looks? Or the consistent Supra meets by Toyota was just for PR? They certainly drove the previous generations and went back to see how to capture that excitement. The President raced in motorsports in Japan prior to his tenure as president, I'm sure he would decide in the end what's the car called in the end.

3. God forbid they catered only to enthusiasts and lose their margins as a whole that they never make another sports car ever again. They are not Porsche, where a guy could buy a car, drive it for five years and sell it near MSRP cause the value holds up.

4. I have no comeback for this, this is actually funny. Though, he'd probably ask how much money was saved, went through the Toyota way system and test drive it himself before going back to his grave, content.
I get what you are saying.. they are just trying to capitalize on the name with a poor attempt. Well it’s too late now to change anything etc. Toyota will have a BMW as its flagship car for years to come and if this doesn’t sound bad.. not sure what else will.

Founder would say.. we allied with Germans once back in the 40s and we ended up with two nuclear bombs in our backyard. Are you sure you want to try this again?
Sponsored