Car(s)
Ford GT(maybe someday, most likely through rental
The GR-SS looks good!although the grille is wrong

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I don't read Japanese, but this is some of basic things I got from it.

The regular JDM Supra will be a 2019 model year. It will have the same 340ps or 335hp as the EU Z4 M40i.

The GR Supra will make an apperances at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show. It will be available as a 2021 model year.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
It was always going to be later; I'm actually surprised it's not 2022.

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
I’m pretty sure individual builds and the aftermarket tuners are going to make their own GRsupra within the first few months.

JP_Supra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
I’m pretty sure individual builds and the aftermarket tuners are going to make their own GRsupra within the first few months.
Bet you the GR Supra won't be as special as they're making it out to be. "Hey guys we made this Supra with less stuff and a carbon fiber wing!" Not like you can't just do the same in the time it would take for that car to come out. it'll end up being 500-1000 cars only because thats the max amount of people who would buy it.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
We’re definitely not going to get a GR Supra in the US. Maybe a TRD version... for those who are into that stuff

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
Bet you the GR Supra won't be as special as they're making it out to be. "Hey guys we made this Supra with less stuff and a carbon fiber wing!" Not like you can't just do the same in the time it would take for that car to come out. it'll end up being 500-1000 cars only because thats the max amount of people who would buy it.
Exactly my point.

Idk why they keep people on the hook and box out their sales by allowing people to buy parts elsewhere and giving their competition a head start.

All hands should be on deck.. they should release limited editions soon, like targas, manual trans, and top GR spec stuff early on within launch year to capitavate interest and maximize sales.

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Exactly my point.

Idk why they keep people on the hook and box out their sales by allowing people to buy parts elsewhere and giving their competition a head start.

All hands should be on deck.. they should release limited editions soon, like targas, manual trans, and top GR spec stuff early on within launch year to capitavate interest and maximize sales.
They do this to keep the car relevant through its production lifetime. I've read this here on this forum. If you release everything within a year, no body will talk about it two or three years later which will hurt sales on the long run. The release of these "new versions" boosts sales of the regular models by allowing car journalists to review them once a year or so.

Something like how Chevrolet comes out with a base model Corvette, Grandsport, Z06 & ZR1.

However, the way they did it with the Toyobaru twins is very underwhelming which is most likely the same treatment the Supra will get. A few minor exterior differences, a bit lighter, and track oriented suspension. We're lucky if we get more power but it has better odds than the 86/BRZ simply because it's much easier to turn up boost on a boosted application.

Last edited:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase