Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
21' Supra 3.0, 23' Z Perf, 14' Toyota 86
Really Digging this thread.

im with you, I got bit by this car bad. My brother has a black one. all it took was 1 test drive and I was SOLD. got mine 2 months after.

We are located in Massachusetts so you're not that far away brother ! .

This September we are planning on taking a drive down to Florida for the supra meet to they down there. We should roll together my man !
Thanks man! I've been up to Boston and stayed on Seaport Blvd. Absolutely loved it. My gf and I are itching to go back once things are more under control with the public.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all! Would be awesome to go on a long cruise to Florida.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Long time, no see!

So the winter has been so-so. I'm sure most of you tri-state or northeast guys/girls had your cars stored away in the garage or storage. Boy did we get lots of snow this time! I've been paying attention to Babayaga Racing channel and was really surprised at how fast his car was with just a tune! Not to mention, Slowspeed's channel also inspired me to head to TheShopCT to get a tune from Mike Botti (Mikeytuned/stimikey). So before you watch the video, just know that this was my first custom tune and dyno session so I was pretty damn amped haha

The numbers are on pump 93 gas. I was very pleased with the end result and even shocked at one particular run's results! Enjoy!

IMG_6908.JPG

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Earlier this week I installed my FTP Red Chargepipe as preventative maintenance. Not much of a change overall. Maybe the throttle is more improved? Definitely knew there's no Hp gain from doing chargepipe. I vlogged about future plans this season too. Really looking into to ethanol now. Picked up eibach springs as well but haven't put them on yet. I consulted a shop to install and they want $1000 to do it.

Hm...To be continued.

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Been a few weeks since i've had an update for you guys!

So...

I DID THE NASA TRACK DAY! So myself including about 7-8 other Supras were there. It was definitely a great experience and I recommend everyone do it! My instructor was one of our own @nibble . He did a fantastic job with coaching each session and providing excellent feedback. He was very great at point out places for improvement on the track and also pointing out early habits that need to be shaken off. Not to mention, he's a sick driver too! He took me along with him in his supra and displayed nothing but absolute finesse.

It was pretty hot out but not deathly hot. Car went into limp mode 3 out of the 4 sessions I had. Another guy with a Pure800 had it much worse than me. I was able to still storm around the track with good limp mode power. His car wasn't so fortunate. Hoping everything is resolved with his Supra! Was kinda bumped out that part of the footage was supposed to be dashcam footage of the track. This way you could see where exactly I was at on the track synced up with the GoPro footage I got. Next time I will be sure to configure the footage to be saved asap.

Outside of that, very very successful track day and i'm itching to get back out there!
Check out the video and let me know what you think! Until next time ya'll!

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Following this thread from PA - what’s next?
Sorry for late reply! Well Flex fuel kit went in. Now it's just lowering springs and trying to get these wheels powdercoated satin black like the LE wheels. Also need to drop off the car to get my door garnishes painted black. All of this is on hold cause something kind of unfortunate happened. (See next post)

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Hey ya'll!

Been a few weeks since I updated ya'll. So 7/7 was my 1 year anniversary with the Supra! I was very elated to pass a year of ownership with lots of pros and very little cons. I installed the Fuel-It Flex fuel kit 3-4 weeks ago. Finally got some Ethanol action withMike Botti's E50 tune. ABSOLUTELY PINNED! Highly recommend you to see Mike Botti even more now since the E50 tune. The sauce is real with this one haha. The car feels like a train that just keeps on going! The power is much more potent and it's always ready to go just like it is tuned! 6th gear hates any sudden, heavy throttle response though (just keep that in mind if you're pushing more than 500 lb/ft guys). Outside of that it's amazing. Here's a vlog of me just chatting and getting ethanol.

I filmed this a day before something not so great happened. Last friday, a deer ran out full speed from the woods and ONLY hit the Passenger side Headlight. Broke the lens but everything else in the light assembly works. I was VERY pissed cause I had a fishy feeling all week that although it marked one year of ownership, something felt like it was going to happen. Well, this was that something.
IMG_7595.JPG

IMG_7592.JPG

IMG_7597.JPG

Geico has been terribly slow with this process. Car was "looked" at on Monday but still no estimate. I've had to call them every other day just to force an update of what's next. Based on what i've heard about wait time on parts and one of our guys not having his car for months, i'm terrified to have to be waiting months to enjoy my car again. For now, i've just been driving it during the day and still enjoying the car because everything in the light works (including the leveling and turn signal). I'm more at ease about it because most people don't notice a thing. You basically have to be pretty close to it or be looking at the headlights to notice one is broken. It appears there's no visual body damage (Thank god) so i'll take that over an eye-sore of a body damage mess.

*: Infotainment screen says Front collision, Brake mitigaiton, and pedestrian warning are partially/completely not working

Outside of this, things have been pretty good. My plans to get more things done to the car are on hold until this gets fixed via insurance. I had planned to get my lowering springs installed, door garnishes painted black, and wheels painted satin black like the LE wheels. I'll keep you guys updated cause maybe my insurance experience might help someone in the future as far as expectation go on getting something like this fixed.

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Quick update!

Got the new headlight put in two weeks ago. Body shop did it same day. Was really happy to not have to play Unprofessional Weatherman to keep the car out of bad weather while driving. Although the headlight is fixed my errors are still there. Body shop says take it to Toyota. That's fine but as you all may have heard via current events. There's a "Recall" that entails updating the car's ecu which is bad news for me. iIt would most likely look my ECU and i'm not about to take that chance. Not sure what to do next...

Outside of that, everything is great! I really need to get around to installing these lowering springs! I've had them since March!

Last edited:
OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
lowering spring is quite easy to install. ;)
Help me? I just need the 1 strut nut socket. I have a torque wrench and a jack with jack stands already. No place to really do it though.

Btw, awesome bumping into you at MPACT. Can't wait to edit all the footage and release the video!
Sponsored