• โ›”๏ธ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 โ›”๏ธ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

The official ask zrk anything thread

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
@zrk

what oil did you run back when you were DP+Jb4 Jesse Tune + Eblend? What climate temps do yโ€™all have?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
โ€˜23 GR Supra Premium MT
I have a 23 MT, would like to pursue around the 550-600hp mark, with headroom to grow as I become more confident in the platform. Vehicle is bone stock under the hood. With bm3 custom tunes now available, is there an upgrade path youโ€™d recommend? Stick with hybrid solution/top mount? Corn juice is plentiful in my area as well if you want to take that into consideration.

All work will be done at ESP by Curtis.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a 23 MT, would like to pursue around the 550-600hp mark, with headroom to grow as I become more confident in the platform. Vehicle is bone stock under the hood. With bm3 custom tunes now available, is there an upgrade path youโ€™d recommend? Stick with hybrid solution/top mount? Corn juice is plentiful in my area as well if you want to take that into consideration.

I'd suggest following curtis's advice. He's a good guy and knows what he's doing.

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium

Zrk: "Trade your MT in for an Auto."

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Hey zack, how are you. I hope you're doing well on this fine day / night.

Dudes from femto coming to dubai in September. Plan on getting my Ecu unlocked. Currently got and MST v2 intake and a Titan motorsports dp. Will bm3 ots maps be reliable to run on for a long time. Plus the xHp maps as well.

P.S Do I need to buy the bm3 license before getting my unlock for the customROM update?

Thank you in advance zack always appreciate the help you provide.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey zack, how are you. I hope you're doing well on this fine day / night.

Dudes from femto coming to dubai in September. Plan on getting my Ecu unlocked. Currently got and MST v2 intake and a Titan motorsports dp. Will bm3 ots maps be reliable to run on for a long time. Plus the xHp maps as well.

P.S Do I need to buy the bm3 license before getting my unlock for the customROM update?

Thank you in advance zack always appreciate the help you provide.
BM3 OTS map will probably be fine, but you'll want more.

IDK about the specifics around buying licenses. You'd have to check with them.

Stardust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 Miata
Would a 2021 with a build date of 05/2020 and an ECU date of 06/05/2020 be tunable?
Been reading up on โ€œ06/20โ€ ECUs and there doesn't seem to be a clear cut date

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Would a 2021 with a build date of 05/2020 and an ECU date of 06/05/2020 be tunable?
Been reading up on โ€œ06/20โ€ ECUs and there doesn't seem to be a clear cut date
No, needs to be pre-june.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey zack how are you doing on this fine day/evening.

Was gonna ask is it possible to run Michelin pilot sport 4 size 305/35/19 in the back and 275/55/19 in the front, without damaging the inner fenders or anything else? I have 13mm spacers in the front and 15mm in the back. They are stock rims as well.

Last edited:

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
"You'd melt the DI injectors. You have to plug the ports, and you can't plug the ports, because you'd have to remove the DI injectors, removing the DI injectors freaks the car out. Codes for days."

@zrk hey man I wanted to ask you more about your comment in the DI PI thread. I had implied that running pump gas through DI and methanol through PI may be a way to run methanol. You mention that it would melt the DI injectors. I get that running no fuel through the DI injectors would take away their cooling (no fuel flow) and they would melt. What about still running pump gas fuel through then to keep them cool and not melt but the majority of the fuel (methanol) would be delivered through large PI injectors. It is not pure methanol fueling as some pump gas is delivered via DI to prevent them from melting from no fuel flow.

I have seen race cars that employ a similar strategy with multiple sets of PI injectors. They crank and drive with pump gas on a small set of PI injectors and the engine management system ramps in the large secondary set of injectors spraying methanol with boost. Granted this setup is with a standalone and all PI injectors so it is different than our B58.

Methanol is king when it comes to drag racing fuel. It would be super neat to be able to utilize it via port injectors and a secondary fuel system. @zrk your thoughts?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
"You'd melt the DI injectors. You have to plug the ports, and you can't plug the ports, because you'd have to remove the DI injectors, removing the DI injectors freaks the car out. Codes for days."

@zrk hey man I wanted to ask you more about your comment in the DI PI thread. I had implied that running pump gas through DI and methanol through PI may be a way to run methanol. You mention that it would melt the DI injectors. I get that running no fuel through the DI injectors would take away their cooling (no fuel flow) and they would melt. What about still running pump gas fuel through then to keep them cool and not melt but the majority of the fuel (methanol) would be delivered through large PI injectors. It is not pure methanol fueling as some pump gas is delivered via DI to prevent them from melting from no fuel flow.

I have seen race cars that employ a similar strategy with multiple sets of PI injectors. They crank and drive with pump gas on a small set of PI injectors and the engine management system ramps in the large secondary set of injectors spraying methanol with boost. Granted this setup is with a standalone and all PI injectors so it is different than our B58.

Methanol is king when it comes to drag racing fuel. It would be super neat to be able to utilize it via port injectors and a secondary fuel system. @zrk your thoughts?
Melt as in the methanol will eat away and destroy the seals on the DI injectors causing a leak.

The only way to really remove ethanol from the equation is to plug the DI ports. Methanol, M5 specially that we all use as additive fuel, is -insanely- corrosive. It will destroy in the DI injectors every quickly if we use it as our true source of fuel.

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Thanks for the information @zrk. I did not know that methanol would damage the DI.

I was proposing that regular gasoline would be used in the factory DI system and a stand alone methanol fuel system feed the port injectors, as I know port injection components that handle methanol can be purchased (typical race car stuff).

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey zack how are you doing. Sorry got busy this week, and forgot about the data log though I will try to post it soon. There's a dude selling his meth kit. I was wondering if I can run meth with the ots map. I got the multimap stage 2 bm3 ots map. Also for switching maps, is it okay to switch while im driving or do I have to stop and change it then? Thank you again zack.
Sponsored