NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Wow this is amazing, that interior looks killer… jealous af. The matte white over the congac is beautiful…. The want is strong
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
At last!
Alas, I'm not a fan of cognac tan color, especially on the steering wheel.
Also don't like the wheels. Still love the LE black twin spoke design... Wheels may look better on a gray car.. but definitely light years better than two tone wheels.
But both are difficult to judge on mobile screen. Will reserve full judgement if and when I see one in person, ever..

So curious about the track mode. Haven't read about it. I'm gonna guess, it'll stop messing with suspension and whatnot? And maybe cooling system controls besides the possible obvious steering/trans/etc tune up..

CU Later Gray. Lol. Wanna see that.
Stoked for the Stratosphere Blue!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
That's not in the press release. Pretty sure that was Guff's summarize/educated guess.

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota...mission-and-enhanced-drive-dynamics-for-2023/
Correct, the post is my words, the press release below that are official stuff from Toyota. I am making an educated guess based off the info I have on the current supply chain and info given to me. But I will dig deeper on this.

Either way, it's not an out of the box BMW trans, but I imagine it will bolt up just fine to an M240i.

prfinest71

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra/21 GR Supra/11 BMW X6M/05 350Z
does red badges would look real nice on my Phantom

YOTA_IL

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
At long last, the Manual Transmission has been announced via press release from Toyota USA.

The highlights of the vehicle are:

• All new 6-speed Manual Transmission, bespoke to the Supra, available on all 3.0 Trims
  • Retuned Traction Control system with "Hairpin+" logic
  • Retuned Electric Power Steering
  • Retuned Dampers
  • 3.462 Final Drive Diff on MT models (same as M3/4 M-Active Diff)
  • New 12-speaker JBL Audio System
  • A91-MT Special Edition, Limited to 500 units, in Matte White or "CU Later Gray", with Cognac leather interior, & Red rear logo + red strut tower braces. Special Edition badge on side of dash.
  • Gunmetal Gray Forged 19" wheels
Guff's Analysis:

The transmission is a modified version of an existing BMW 6-speed (Either a ZF GS6 or Magna 6MTI550) with some case modifications and a new clutch system. Part Number will likely be bespoke to the Supra.

The Manual trans has a unique shifter assembly and Gazoo Racing 200g shift knob. The center console has also been redesigned to accommodate the shifter.

The new "Hairpin+" logic appears to be new logic in the traction control system that will change the diff's locking characteristics when on 5% or higher uphill grades. This should presumably allow the car to rotate better on uphill corners.

Additionally, the VSC system has been revised to better catch "snap oversteer" or "tank-slappers" when in a sport traction/suspension mode.

Track mode has been tuned to allow easier more predictable throttle control when drifting as well.

The Electric Power Steering has also been revised with new mechanical components and a retuned EPS programming. The details of the changes remains to be seen, but anything that improves feel and feedback is amazing in my books.

The full press release will be quoted below where you can find all the nitty gritty details.

2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_001.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_002.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_003 Red V2.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_004.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_005 Red V2.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_006.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_007 Red V2.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_008.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_009.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_010.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_011.jpg
2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_012.jpg
I will take a HARD pass.

Gazoou

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Toyota 86
Matte white looks incredible. Suprised to see they didn't announce Portimao Blue unless I missed it.

Will we be able to preorder at dealers today?

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Matte white looks incredible. Suprised to see they didn't announce Portimao Blue unless I missed it.

Will we be able to preorder at dealers today?
Sorry, the new colors and timeline are in the press release, I'll update the OP with that info too.

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I hope that new sport button placement applies for the auto's too, just wish they gave us those hot switches on the steering wheel..