THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Because I’m sure Toyota will invest the money to design a completely new chassis for an EXTREMELY limited production vehicle (GRMN) I’m not holding my breath. They’re built with the Z4 for a reason
eh, they've done crazier things
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Because I’m sure Toyota will invest the money to design a completely new chassis for an EXTREMELY limited production vehicle (GRMN) I’m not holding my breath. They’re built with the Z4 for a reason
What if you found out that it has actually cost Toyota more to build the MKV Supra from a Z4, than it would have to build it from an existing Toyota/Lexus chassis….would that blow your mind? Research bud….the tools are at your fingertips.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
What if you found out that it has actually cost Toyota more to build the MKV Supra from a Z4, than it would have to build it from an existing Toyota/Lexus chassis….would that blow your mind? Research bud….the tools are at your fingertips.
They have to still be using a standard MKV Supra shell as a basis for this even if they opt to get it in raw form from Magna-Steyr and tear it down to nothing just to build it all back up again their own GRMN/Motomachi way.... right?

If an entirely new chassis were to be used without any of the same hard points and dimensions then it wouldn't be the same car at all.

GR's work on their GR GT3 concept that is now in the R&D phase sounds like something more like that, yes?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They have to still be using a standard MKV Supra shell as a basis for this even if they opt to get it in raw form from Magna-Steyr and tear it down to nothing just to build it all back up again their own GRMN/Motomachi way.... right?

If an entirely new chassis were to be used without any of the same hard points and dimensions then it wouldn't be the same car at all.

GR's work on their GR GT3 concept that is now in the R&D phase sounds like something more like that, yes?
Technically, I never said “the MKV Supra J29 chassis would be built alongside the GR Corolla.” I said, “hopefully THEY (Corolla and a Supra in the same factory)…”. I’m no source for any of this, so interpret it how you guys want ;).

If I had to guess though, I’d bet on the next car at Motomachi sporting a TNGA-A (GA-A) chassis.

Soarer/SC: JZZ30
MKIV Supra: JZA80
Lexus LC: Z100
MK? Supra: A100?

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Literal fing clickbait

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Literal fing clickbait
Clickbait for what? What are you clicking on?….a “Like Button?” What sort of financial or self-gratifying success would I get from this? Sounds like you’re getting a little worried about something….don’t sweat it man, it’s not like everything I’ve said before has actually happened…..or has it?

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Excluding investment in a modern 3.0L I6 😂

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s just wait and see what happens guys. I’ll reserve my words for now.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Okay with all due respect this sounds like a load of fuckin' BS.

I've been a part of this ride for a couple of years. Everything I've learned from this project gave me the conclusion that ultimately Toyota wanted the car to have an easier entry in terms of price. And now you're telling me it's more expensive?

At this point, you will need to show me proof because I am so close to believing you're trolling, EVEN though I know that you historically aren't someone that likes to troll people and fuck with them.

Technically, I never said “the MKV Supra J29 chassis would be built alongside the GR Corolla.” I said, “hopefully THEY (Corolla and a Supra in the same factory)…”. I’m no source for any of this, so interpret it how you guys want ;).

If I had to guess though, I’d bet on the next car at Motomachi sporting a TNGA-A (GA-A) chassis.

Soarer/SC: JZZ30
MKIV Supra: JZA80
Lexus LC: Z100
MK? Supra: A100?
GA-A? Is this a new sports car platform? A car built on the LC's platform? The LC uses GA-L. Is GA-A a new platform that ALL RWD Toyota and Lexus vehicles will start riding on? Or is this a dedicated sports car platform? We know that an A100 is coming soon. But we don't know too much of the specifics. Is it based on the GR GT3? Or the GR GT3 is going to be something way higher and will share the same chassis as the Lexus electric supercar? Will Toyota start developing their own inline-six out of the ashes of the B58? Is it the twin-turbocharged V6 hybrid that's in the Tundra/Sequoia?

There are SO many questions.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay with all due respect this sounds like a load of fuckin' BS.

I've been a part of this ride for a couple of years. Everything I've learned from this project gave me the conclusion that ultimately Toyota wanted the car to have an easier entry in terms of price. And now you're telling me it's more expensive?

At this point, you will need to show me proof because I am so close to believing you're trolling, EVEN though I know that you historically aren't someone that likes to troll people and fuck with them.

GA-A? Is this a new sports car platform? A car built on the LC's platform? The LC uses GA-L. Is GA-A a new platform that ALL RWD Toyota and Lexus vehicles will start riding on? Or is this a dedicated sports car platform? We know that an A100 is coming soon. But we don't know too much of the specifics. Is it based on the GR GT3? Or the GR GT3 is going to be something way higher and will share the same chassis as the Lexus electric supercar? Will Toyota start developing their own inline-six out of the ashes of the B58? Is it the twin-turbocharged V6 hybrid that's in the Tundra/Sequoia?

There are SO many questions.
First of all, I am not in anyway associated with Toyota and am in no way a representative of their products or future ventures. What I post should be treated like any other “possibility” post.

With that said, have I posted anything in the past that wasn’t true? There were Toyota insiders here on the forums that told us all that a manual MKV Supra would not ever be available. Heck, even Tada San himself said that a manual would not be available. Yet, I posted long ago that not only would a manual MKV Supra be available, but the announcement would be in 2022. Pretty specific for a lucky guess huh? I posted a while back that serialized MKV Supra’s would be available….sure enough, the manual Supra’s have serialized GR plaques on each one of them. I know nothing of the GRMN, but from what little info I have come across, the Motomachi factory will not build any vehicle that is not 100% Japanese, and 100% Toyota. A German-made chassis doesn’t qualify….no matter how bare it is. Logistically (not financially) speaking, it wouldn’t make sense. The evolution of the MKV isn’t done yet, keep that in mind. The TNGA-A (GA-A) doesn’t exist as far as I know….however, who said it won’t? Afterall, a new GTR is in the works ;).

Again, I am not here to push trolling BS….I’m too old for that. For now, take what I say with a grain of salt….then, we can circle back on the topic when the forums are going crazy for an amazing Supra!

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
First of all, I am not in anyway associated with Toyota and am in no way a representative of their products or future ventures. What I post should be treated like any other “possibility” post.

With that said, have I posted anything in the past that wasn’t true? There were Toyota insiders here on the forums that told us all that a manual MKV Supra would not ever be available. Heck, even Tada San himself said that a manual would not be available. Yet, I posted long ago that not only would a manual MKV Supra be available, but the announcement would be in 2022. Pretty specific for a lucky guess huh? I posted a while back that serialized MKV Supra’s would be available….sure enough, the manual Supra’s have serialized GR plaques on each one of them.

Again, I am not here to push trolling BS….I’m too old for that. For now, take what I say with a grain of salt….then, we can circle back on the topic when the forums are going crazy for an amazing Supra!
Oh brother for sure. I know you were right about the manual/serialization and I didn't doubt it. I was also right on it as well with regard the manual GR Supra because I was getting some information as well. And I know you're not someone that likes to troll. Also trust me, even though I knew you were onto something (because I was getting trickles of info here and there that corroborated with your stuff), I still took things with a grain of salt. So these conversations that we're having about the future will remain hypothetical and it's to just encourage more discussion. ;^D

My main point was that your notion that the BMW collaboration was more expensive than what it would be if it was a sole-Toyota project is the thing that leaves me in a head spin. What I was trying to say is that from what we all have learned the entire point of this project was to have a lower cost of entry for people to buy a GR Supra and to prove something to the bean counters, all in the while Toyota has a really amazing sports car that they worked hard on codeveloping with BMW.

I know nothing of the GRMN, but from what little info I have come across, the Motomachi factory will not build any vehicle that is not 100% Japanese, and 100% Toyota. A German-made chassis doesn’t qualify….no matter how bare it is. Logistically (not financially) speaking, it wouldn’t make sense. The evolution of the MKV isn’t done yet, keep that in mind. The TNGA-A (GA-A) doesn’t exist as far as I know….however, who said it won’t? Afterall, a new GTR is in the works ;).
This just confirms my earlier suspicion that it's the A100. The question is now what engine will power it. I'm just dying for an inline-six.
Sponsored