THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

redfogo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cars
Any word on when the pricing for the manual will be announced? Trying to decide if I should keep my Launch Edition and refund my deposit or put it up for sale.
No word but I sure hope it happens soon other countries seem to be getting prices and reporters are getting test drives I would hope we could too soon.
Sponsored

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Any word on when the pricing for the manual will be announced? Trying to decide if I should keep my Launch Edition and refund my deposit or put it up for sale.
According to that manual supra video Doug Demuro posted a while back, Toyota told him pricing would be announced in July if I remember correctly. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Edit: Yeah its at 8:30 on this video:

Last edited:

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
According to that manual supra video Doug Demuro posted a while back, Toyota told him pricing would be announced in July if I remember correctly. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Edit: Yeah its at 8:30 on this video:

Yup, should have clarified I was aware they were set to announce pricing this month. Was hoping to have new information about a specific date, but seems we’ll just have to wait.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
FYI, a smaller YT channel has confirmed Toyota Supra MT press driving event in second half of August.
I’m guessing similar time line to what I’ve heard about the GRC

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Posted on the MK5 FB page.

_nc_ohc=6uI5BmTiidwAX_BGN03&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.jpg
I wonder if the SE model is going to be the only option for ordering the manual (other than the a91-mt edition). The SE model sounds like the older a91 editions where it has most of the features of premium but no HUD. If that's the case, I'm slightly bummed about no HUD but I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Toyota tends to make announcements on Thursdays so maybe pricing will be tomorrow? Either way, sounds like we're close.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I wonder if the SE model is going to be the only option for ordering the manual (other than the a91-mt edition). The SE model sounds like the older a91 editions where it has most of the features of premium but no HUD. If that's the case, I'm slightly bummed about no HUD but I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Toyota tends to make announcements on Thursdays so maybe pricing will be tomorrow? Either way, sounds like we're close.
This is the impression I get and what I can ascertain from the information out there. If true, it's a real bummer for people who want them as they'll be nearly impossible to get unless you sign up for an allocation the first minute after ordering goes live. It may actually be too late right now. It will also mean these things will come at a significant premium on the aftermarket. The dealer in my area was charging a $10k premium for the 2021 A91 model when new. I am eagerly awaiting to see if they can top that for the SE if it's the only version of the car getting the manual transmission.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
This is the impression I get and what I can ascertain from the information out there. If true, it's a real bummer for people who want them as they'll be nearly impossible to get unless you sign up for an allocation the first minute after ordering goes live. It may actually be too late right now. It will also mean these things will come at a significant premium on the aftermarket. The dealer in my area was charging a $10k premium for the 2021 A91 model when new. I am eagerly awaiting to see if they can top that for the SE if it's the only version of the car getting the manual transmission.
For the last time, the MT will also be available for the “regular” 3.0 Supra models. It is NOT only limited to the A91-MT model. There should be no issues for anyone who wants a MT to get one.

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota...mission-and-enhanced-drive-dynamics-for-2023/

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To be clear, I wasn't implying that it will only be available on the A91-MT edition. Based on that spec sheet, it looks like they might be creating a new SE model that will be the "normal" manual model. If that's the case that will probably be the only way to order it rather than being able to spec base 3.0 or premium.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
To be clear, I wasn't implying that it will only be available on the A91-MT edition. Based on that spec sheet, it looks like they might be creating a new SE model that will be the "normal" manual model. If that's the case that will probably be the only way to order it rather than being able to spec base 3.0 or premium.
I totally get you but seems that other members keep pushing this idea that the MT will be limited. This is simply not true. I do agree with you about the possibility of the SE model and A91-MT being the two options of getting the MT.
Sponsored