Thoughts on just a muffler delete?

shaaans

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I feel like just a basic muffler delete isn’t to popular with the Supra. Mines coming in June (I was also told it could be sooner) and there’s just a couple basic mods that I wanna do. Carbon Fiber mirror caps, muffler delete, and replacing the stock exhaust tips with black ones.

After watching a ton of exhaust videos on the Supra, I haven’t found one that I really really like. Some of them sound okay but none have made me wanna spend the money for one. I like the stock sound I just want it to be a tad bit louder.
Sponsored

Josh George

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
It's not the worst thing ever. Everyone has their opinion on what exhaust notes they like / dislike, but you'd lose your valves if you did a muffler delete, if that's something you care about.

OP
OP

shaaans

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's not the worst thing ever. Everyone has their opinion on what exhaust notes they like / dislike, but you'd lose your valves if you did a muffler delete, if that's something you care about.
ahhh I wasn’t aware of the valve thing. There’s no way to keep the valve with the muffler delete? I’m worried that might void warranty?

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
It's not going to void your warranty but what would the point of the valve be without a muffler to redirect the exhaust into?

Josh George

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
ahhh I wasn’t aware of the valve thing. There’s no way to keep the valve with the muffler delete? I’m worried that might void warranty?
Like Stvee said up above, it won't void your warranty. But as far as I know, without replacing the stock exhaust with another valved exhaust like Boostlogic or Valvetronic, you won't be able to keep your valves with just a muffler delete

OP
OP

shaaans

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's not going to void your warranty but what would the point of the valve be without a muffler to redirect the exhaust into?
appreciate ya letting me know about the warranty. And to be completely honest I had no clue, I’m not to smart on these things but am still learning

Like Stvee said up above, it won't void your warranty. But as far as I know, without replacing the stock exhaust with another valved exhaust like Boostlogic or Valvetronic, you won't be able to keep your valves with just a muffler delete
Gotcha gotcha, appreciate the response, thanks!

OP
OP

shaaans

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It does not sound good, in my opinion; its loud and raspy without the deep midrange.
ahh gotcha, I’ve really only heard it on a couple YouTube videos I’ve seen

Considered a catted DP?

It’s plenty loud in sport and you keep your valve. And you’re set up for the first step into a JB4 or flash tune.

that doesn’t sound to bad actually, and not bad for $1k (I hope I’m looking at the right part) I’ll definitely have to look at more videos on this, as it is pretty appealing. thanks for the response!

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
My choice was a catted active Autowerke downpipe and active Autowerke catback. When the valve is open, the valved side nearly entirely bypasses the muffler. It’s a single muffler setup that enters on the far right of the muffler. The left side goes through the full muffler, the right side is essentially a bypass but the muffler works as a resonating chamber to make what is essentially a muffler delete in the right side not sound like crap.

im very happy with it as its also a full 3.5” exhaust from downpipe exit to muffler where its dual 3” outlets.

of course quality stuff is never cheap, but I got a big girl budget, so it’s likely I’ll replace this all with a 4” valved catback in the future if something good comes along.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
ahh gotcha, I’ve really only heard it on a couple YouTube videos I’ve seen

that doesn’t sound to bad actually, and not bad for $1k (I hope I’m looking at the right part) I’ll definitely have to look at more videos on this, as it is pretty appealing. thanks for the response!
@NitroYellowMKV can take the stock DP off your hands making this a very, very affordable upgrade.

YOTA_IL

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
They chop off the entire OEM muffler but this might give you some insight on what it might sound like.