Sold: Tire shop damaged te37

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hey so my friends shop damaged my Te37’s on the inside rim from the tires clamp grabbing, leaving these dimples all across my rims. I know sometimes shit happens and it’s inevitable because they have done an amazing job before but has these happen to you guys before? Is this something I should even care about considering it’s the inside of the rim?
99B2FF95-862A-4149-A63D-D589EF3E8528.jpeg
99B2FF95-862A-4149-A63D-D589EF3E8528.jpeg
20F300D2-5E9E-4B03-A6C9-08324877D667.jpeg
Sponsored

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
If it were me, I'd be pretty upset, but since it's just the inside I would let it pass. If it was outside, I definitely wouldn't let it pass.

Nonetheless, I would still tell them what happened so it doesn't happen again with someone else's wheels.

Again, this is just me. Idk how y'all would feel

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
If you're expecting a new wheel I doubt it. It's on the inside. Over time more dings are going to show up anyways.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
I had an NTB shop chew up my wheels on a previous car. They used an air tool to remove the lugs and the guy operating it was either blind or willfully uncaring... it looked like a child in a rush danced the socket all over the wheels around the lugs. Left very obvious chatter marks all that could be seen from several feet away. I raised a stink with the manager and he referred me to their corporate customer relations. Corporate asked for pictures of the damage and I sent them. Their formal response was basically that that kind of damage was "normal" and "to be expected from any tire shop" and refused any sort of restitution.

I paid out of my own pocket to have the marks fixed at a local body shop. They did a great job and I basically learned the lesson to not trust that NTB with anything again. I bought one of those plastic sheathed sockets for future use and every time I brought that car somewhere that had to have a wheel removed I asked them to use the plastic socket. Never had any more damage to those wheels again for as long as I owned that car. I bought a similar plastic covered socket for my Supra before I even had the car in my possession.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
You paid for the wheels right? I’d be pissed but good luck getting a tire shop to agree to replace them…

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
They used the wrong machine to mount your
Tires, there’s a specific machine for these type of rims, that doesn’t grip the barrels of the rims, Discount Tires has this machine ,they only have one,amongst the 6 other machines,
And usually there’s only one tech that knows how to use it properly.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Unless you're 100% certain that's not there when you brought them your car, you probably don't have much a case. The wheels can be damaged by you driving without you evening knowing it, especially on the inside.

If the wrong machine is used, it should show on more than 1 rim

OP
OP
Amfchang

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Nah I was never going to say anything because it’s a friends shop but I was just wondering if this is a common thing that I shouldn’t worry about. Never bought 4k rims before so I’ve been more quick to notice and be more ocd than usual. Just thought I’d ask.

OP
OP
Amfchang

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Unless you're 100% certain that's not there when you brought them your car, you probably don't have much a case. The wheels can be damaged by you driving without you evening knowing it, especially on the inside.

If the wrong machine is used, it should show on more than 1 rim
It is on all of them but I don’t want to cause trouble. Idk. What I was trying to find out is if everyone has gotten their rims like this that they paid a good amount on but then again, most people I know don’t even check or had it done. The only reason why I noticed is because I take the wheels off myself and take it to them.

OP
OP
Amfchang

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
If you're expecting a new wheel I doubt it. It's on the inside. Over time more dings are going to show up anyways.
Nah I’d never try that. I’m too anti confrontational and seems a little much even if it was on the face. My area is small so I don’t want to be that guy haha.

OP
OP
Amfchang

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Another wise investment for your wheels when taking them elsewhere… and ask them not to use pneumatic air tools & use your supplied coated socket for the lug bolts.

9964309F-D6B2-4249-8B20-634872E72118.jpeg
Thank you brother. That’s the one I use. I usually take off my rims and take it to the tire shop and bring it back. Never had this happen before either. They were busy so maybe that was the only machine available.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Doesn’t hurt to show them for other people that use that shop. I’d want to know if I did something wrong so I could improve. Anyways, good luck and welcome to the Supra club!
Sponsored