Titan protune stopped working? 4 SES codes

D-VO

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra (a91) Tungsten
Hey guys. Interested to know if anyone has had an issue like mine here: Usually when I take my car into service at the dealer I remove the protune then re-install when I get the car back. This time around after install the car has no power. I called the dealer and asked if there was any update on the ecm thinking there may be some sort of new update that disables the unit somehow, they said no. (To my knowledge they don't know I use the protune).

I get 4 codes that point to the 3 sensors that the protune modifies:
P0367 - Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit Low (bank 1)
P0238 - turbocharger boost sensor "A" Circuit high
P0108 - Manifold Air Pressure Barometric Sensor Circuit High Voltage Input problem
P007D - Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor Cicuit High bank 1.

Any ideas? So far I removed the unit and re-installed with no change, removing the unit solves the issue but its back to normal "my first sports car" power. I looked at all the plugs looking for displacement of connectors or frayed wires, I got nothing.
Sponsored

kfer

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
Any ideas? So far I removed the unit and re-installed with no change, removing the unit solves the issue but its back to normal "my first sports car" power. I looked at all the plugs looking for displacement of connectors or frayed wires, I got nothing.
I had a similar situation several years ago with a piggybox. To rule out a fault in the control unit, I would use the blind plug (you should get that with the piggybox). It should short-circuit the input/output channels. This means that the signals will be forwarded 1:1. If the error persists, I would think it's a broken cable or a connector problem.
If the error no longer occurs, then you have a problem with the piggybox control unit.
(However, when your car is connected to the diagnostic device at the dealer, a tuning test is automatically carried out and it also detects a PiggyBox - or at least it is suspected because some values are too high. At least that's how it is at BMW.)

OP
OP
D-VO

D-VO

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra (a91) Tungsten
Forgot to mention I usually keep the map setting at 5 on a stock motor. (Someone at Titan told me it was safe) When I reinstall the device stays at 5.

I Re-installed the device yesterday to test again; attempted maps 0 ->2 (no change compared to stock) seems successful. Tried 3 this morning then 4 when I got home. Working again suddenly? I'm feeling a little sketchy to attempt 5 again.
Sponsored