Tomei Type D owners

JagTech

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Renaissance Red Supra 3.0 Premium
I’m interested in getting said exhaust however I understand it to be REALLY loud. Those of you that have it, how loud is it really? How bad is the drone? Can you carry on a normal conversation in the car like if I have my wife with me? Reviews? How do you like it?
Sponsored

Batlwagn

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Cold starts are pretty brutal but my GF and I can cruise the highway and talk/listen to music with no issie. I'm catless so it's probably the loudest it's going g to get and it's not terrible. I don't think I could daily it though.

Attachments

OP
OP
JagTech

JagTech

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okay I daily the car so that’s what I’m worried about

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I have the dual and catless. I used to daily it and it never bothered me or my wife and she definitely would have mentioned it to me if she thought it was too much.. It's not like it's crazy loud. To me it is what I expected it to be. It sound great and had a few people comment at the toyota dealer how great it sounded compared to others they have heard. Hope this helps.

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
Cold starts are pretty brutal but my GF and I can cruise the highway and talk/listen to music with no issie. I'm catless so it's probably the loudest it's going g to get and it's not terrible. I don't think I could daily it though.
Is that a shed?

OP
OP
JagTech

JagTech

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the dual and catless. I used to daily it and it never bothered me or my wife and she definitely would have mentioned it to me if she thought it was too much.. It's not like it's crazy loud. To me it is what I expected it to be. It sound great and had a few people comment at the toyota dealer how great it sounded compared to others they have heard. Hope this helps.
Did you notice any serious drone?

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Did you notice any serious drone?
Maybe a little but I honestly wouldn't even notice anyways nor would I care. It just sounds too good and I wouldn't trade it for any other one. Just my personal preference.

Leodanardo

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91
Having a really hard time installing the stabilizing bar without the exhaust tips touching the sides of the bumper. Any advice?

Batlwagn

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Having a really hard time installing the stabilizing bar without the exhaust tips touching the sides of the bumper. Any advice?
Honestly it was trial and error for me until i got them where i was comfortable. Leave everything semi loose/hand tight, adjust the tips and start tightening the crossbrace/exhaust clamps a little at a time until theyre all snug. I ran into an isue where if I tightend one clamp all the way it would skew the tip the wrong way so i loosened everything and went through the process i just described. Kind of a pain in the ass but once it was tight it hasnt moved

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Anyone running the Tomei exhaust without a Downpipe? Seems like 99% of people with the Tomei are Catless haha. Wondering if it's nice with the stock downpipe.

Also, with it not being valved, does Normal and Sport mode still make a big difference? Not sure if the valves or the higher revs in Sport mode are the bigger difference-maker in tone. If Normal mode is still fairly tame with a stock downpipe, that would be neat.

Peter2raw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Anyone running the Tomei exhaust without a Downpipe? Seems like 99% of people with the Tomei are Catless haha. Wondering if it's nice with the stock downpipe.

Also, with it not being valved, does Normal and Sport mode still make a big difference? Not sure if the valves or the higher revs in Sport mode are the bigger difference-maker in tone. If Normal mode is still fairly tame with a stock downpipe, that would be neat.
Shoot me a follow on Ig @_thicmkv. I have a few clips with the stock cat in place! Im now catless but I did get clips of the stock down pipe before I put the down pipe on! Sounds bad ass! Biggest difference with sport is more burbles on comfort mode it doesnt have any burbles but still sounds awesome!

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
I know it's pointless to do this, but just for curiosity, anybody with stock DP with the Tomei, with no tune? I know there's no benefit here, but wanted to know if there's a difference in sound?

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I know it's pointless to do this, but just for curiosity, anybody with stock DP with the Tomei, with no tune? I know there's no benefit here, but wanted to know if there's a difference in sound?
There's guaranteed to be some difference in sound based on the differences in geometry alone... whether that is a good or bad difference is subjective and unlikely to come through in a recording anyway. Like you however, I'd be interested in knowing.
Sponsored