Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters

wbradley

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FR-S, 2018 STI, 2017 Prius
Vehicle Showcase
If they did a convertible, I'd bet dollars to donuts I'd be a Lexus.
Sponsored

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Why is BMW concerned with the chassis? They aren't building the car
Sure they are, via Magna Steyr of course. The interviews and statements on both sounds make it sound like if you want a vert, get the z4. If you want a hardtop, get the Supra. They may not want the two models to step on each others toys at all.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
I wouldn't be surprised if they did a reskin version and slap on the SC nameplate.
I would. I betcha Lexus is pretty sore over the whole deal. Sell a BMW with a Lexus badge on it? It will never happen, that's their biggest competitor.

It's also completely unnecessary. They have 3 different performance coupes in their current lineup plus at less one convertible. It's kinda like the Supra should have shared a platform with one of those...

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
I would. I betcha Lexus is pretty sore over the whole deal. Sell a BMW with a Lexus badge on it? It will never happen, that's their biggest competitor.

It's also completely unnecessary. They have 3 different performance coupes in their current lineup plus at less one convertible. It's kinda like the Supra should have shared a platform with one of those...
They only have two, the RC and LC. Time will tell, but a European Lexus executive did say that Lexus has access to everything that is Toyota.

wbradley

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FR-S, 2018 STI, 2017 Prius
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually wondering why the Supra wasn't an RC variant. I guess Toyota felt the inline six was necessary like every previous Supra.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I'm actually wondering why the Supra wasn't an RC variant. I guess Toyota felt the inline six was necessary like every previous Supra.
Go drive one; that will answer your question. :p

On a serious note there are rumors of Lexus cancelling a replacement for the RC. Sales have tanked big time. If true, a rebadged Lexus Supra may not be too farfetch.

2014: 1,922
2015: 14,784
2016: 11,165
2017: 7,363
2018: 3,358

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Seriously yes!! Fucking yes I want that. With a manual of course

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Sure they are, via Magna Steyr of course. The interviews and statements on both sounds make it sound like if you want a vert, get the z4. If you want a hardtop, get the Supra. They may not want the two models to step on each others toys at all.
BMW said Toyota is free to build a vert if they want to, and BMW said they are free to build a hardtop z4 if they want to

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
I'm not sure what article you're referring to, that was not what I got from the recent interviews.

They only have two, the RC and LC. Time will tell, but a European Lexus executive did say that Lexus has access to everything that is Toyota.
I would consider the RC300/350 separately from the RCF as it's pretty radically different body, engine and price wise.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
I'm not sure what article you're referring to, that was not what I got from the recent interviews.

I would consider the RC300/350 separately from the RCF as it's pretty radically different body, engine and price wise.
Whatever way you cut it, I would hardly called the normal RC a "performance coupe". It was from this AutoCar interview from 2016.