SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Where do I order this for reni red?
None of the local Toyota dealers had it in stock so buying it at BMW was the easiest way for me to find it.

I picked it up at the local BMW dealer. Interestingly, it was cheaper for me to buy it from them online and pick it up vs walking in and buying it at the parts counter.

A61 Carmine Red should match the Supra Renaissance Red. If you look at the underside of the hood you’ll see the A61 paint code.

Do a test strip to compare colors before applying it to your paint.
5FBE7C38-C367-42CE-AC4A-D0B04ED74CBE.jpeg

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
Dropped off my car on Saturday for PPF and Ceramic coating. Shop called to let me know there was a small rock chip in the front bumper. No problem except that while I had ordered some touchup paint (with Toyota paint code) from my Toyota Dealer, they said it would take quite some time before they could get it. I remembered a post by @Supra93 (linked below) mentioning colors and BMW equivalents,

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/official-colors-available-on-toyota-na-website.1685/#post-39178

So I took that info, figured out what BMW part number I needed and picked up what I needed today and handed it to the detail shop. I figured that if anyone else is going through the same thing and needs touchup paint now, I'd cross reference all of them and post it here. BMW paint codes were confirmed on PaintRef.com and BMW part numbers were from a local BMW dealer. So I borrowed from @Supra93's post and added to it. Obviously, cross reference these yourself to be 100% sure. Hope this helps.

Absolute Zero White = (A96). Aka BMW Mineral White Metallic - 51-91-2-148-489 = Toyota 0D01
Nocturnal Black = (475). Aka BMW Black Sapphire Metallic - 51-91-0-419-748 = Toyota 0D04
Renaissance Red 2.0 = (A61). Aka BMW Crimson Red - 51-91-0-427-960 (Some sites call it Carmine Red) = Toyota 0D05
Tungsten Silver = (A83). Aka BMW Glacier Silver Metallic - 51-91-0-429-328 = Toyota 0D02
Turbulence Gray = (C2Y). Aka BMW Bluestone Metallic - 51-91-2-465-726 = Toyota 0D03
Nitro Yellow = (B21). Aka BMW Atacama Yellow - 51-91-2-360-694 = Toyota 0D06
Downshift Blue = (C10). Aka BMW Mediterranean Blue - 51-91-2-465-695 = Toyota 0D07
Phantom Matte Gray = (C3A). Not found in BMW paint code. = Toyota 0D08
Mineral white and absolute zero are similar but there is a difference. Mineral is a cold white whereas our absolute zero is a much warmer white especially the pearl coat.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Mineral white and absolute zero are similar but there is a difference. Mineral is a cold white whereas our absolute zero is a much warmer white especially the pearl coat.
DoubtPressXGIF.gif

I think you may be mixing it with Alpine White or something.
I've had Supra Absolute Zero White and now X6 Mineral White Metallic, while I've not had them side by side, I believe they're the same. color codes don't lie.

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
DoubtPressXGIF.gif

I think you may be mixing it with Alpine White or something.
I've had Supra Absolute Zero White and now X6 Mineral White Metallic, while I've not had them side by side, I believe they're the same. color codes don't lie.
Here in the UK I've contacted two paint manufacturers and both say the BMW and Toyota codes are different mixes as well as the ratios for the pearl.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Here in the UK I've contacted two paint manufacturers and both say the BMW and Toyota codes are different mixes as well as the ratios for the pearl.
Don't know how you worded your question but Supra and Z4 and many BMWs are manufactured in Magna Steyr. For sure, there are differences between suppliers/batches but unless Toyota had an extremely logical reason to force their own suppliers, they'd be using the same..
This is for sure assumption.

YET, as I said before and as you can see under your hood, you'll see BMW paint code written...

Anyhow.... In the end I don't care. It's a bitch to match pearl white and other colors if you're not an experienced shop anyhow...

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Actually, under the hood is a Toyota paint code. Obviously the paint codes are different between Toyota and BMW. However, I think the mixes should be the same... When I had aftermarket parts paint matched, the shop was hesitant about the Toyota paint code but when they realized there was a BMW equivalent they got it down no problem.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Hi,
Does anyone know what touch up paint to use for the front satin black splitter please?
Thanks

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
There is no paint code for it I don't think. As it's black plastic and not actually painted.
Aaaah sh1t that sucks :'( I guess I'll just have to find some sort of satin touch up paint kit and I suppose between seeing a white mark vs a slightly different shade of black, think the latter is the lesser of two evils.

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Any good tips for using touch up paint pens on small rock chips?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Any good tips for using touch up paint pens on small rock chips?
Depending on depth of chip, you may need to apply some primer.. maybe get a dabber...
Sponsored