Toyota Supra will come in base and track form?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
At least the current base MKV Variant is actually quite good as auto and easily modifiable. The old NA MKIV Auto was horrendous along with being slow. Only way to fix that car was bolt on turbos and a manual conversion which wasnt cheap.
Agree, to further elaborate. What I also wanted to add is to those that are complaining about the current B58C Supra to chillax. It sounds like hotter versions are coming.

I think if we were to rank them it would be close to this
MKV Base 4cyl Auto = MKIV NA Auto
MKV Base 4cyl Manual = MKIV NA Manual
MKV Base 3.0 Auto = MKIV TT Auto
MKV Premium 3.0 Auto = MKIV TT 6 speed (maybe?)
MKV GRMN = MKIV Widebody TRD 6 Speed?

Something like that... Granted you cant really compare 25 year old cars to modern ones since the way cars are made and types of models is so different and we could have 20 variants of the MKV over the next 10 years.
Yeah but the 4 banger is JDM only.
Sponsored

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Ya which is why I get what 70TTR is saying,

On a USA comparison scale Its more like this
MKV Premium/Base 3.0 Auto = MKIV NA Auto
MKV GRMN Auto? = MKIV TT Auto

AND If the MKV Premium/Base 3.0 Auto is what is considered to be the previous NA MKIV. Then I cant wait to see what the new revisions have in store for the faster better versions because the Premium/Base 3.0 is one excellent start to the platform.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Just a tough comparison to align with IMO.

There are much easier ones to make, but I'd definitely agree more with the SZ being the N/A auto and the RZ being the TT. That's how they aligned in the A80 days as well.

GRMN is on another level.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I'll ask if I get the chance, but I'd be surprised if either were the case; maybe front vents open for brakes as we saw on some of the race cars if anything.
doesn't the GT4 concept shows working vents for the hood as well?

IMG_5103.JPG

IMG_5105.JPG

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
@A70TTR, have you driven the 380hp+ Supra? If so, is it worth the wait and premium over the current model?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Still working on three projects on the Lexus side atm, so I haven't had much exposure to the newer Supra stuff aside from the engineering grapevine. Either way I haven't driven it yet.

It should be worth it though from all I've heard, but it always depends on what you want out of a car. Do you want a clean slate to do everything yourself or do you prefer something improved in factory form?

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
@A70TTR, have you driven the 380hp+ Supra? If so, is it worth the wait and premium over the current model?
You can experience that powertrain in several BMW models right now. In my opinion it will be a minor upgrade for the Supra. All the B58 variants are vastly underrated, so when BMW releases power bumps they tend to feel like less of a power bump than the paper specs would imply.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lol, there is a comical amount of confusion around this and I'd like to clarify what it is, but it will be far funnier if I just let it keep going.

A simple power bump might not mean a lot to most, I mean especially with how easy it is to make power with bolt ons, but what about everything else :)
Sponsored