Track Tires transport

Supramazing

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ, Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Supra
I'm going to hit up U-Haul for my Supra. They put a trailer hitch on a BRZ for me. It looks great, was super cheap, works well, and not too much extra weight. They usually can figure out a set up that can work without going custom.
6CF976E4-BB0C-457B-8840-AC8983645FC1.jpeg
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm going to hit up U-Haul for my Supra. They put a trailer hitch on a BRZ for me. It looks great, was super cheap, works well, and not too much extra weight. They usually can figure out a set up that can work without going custom.
I barely trust buying boxes at uhaul let alone them touching my car. Are you sure you want to do that?

The biggest issue I see so far is that the rear bumper hangs very low on the Supra. I don't think you could get a hitch under there that wouldn't hit on the ground unless you only drive on perfectly level roads the whole time, which is... not reality.

I've been looking at the bumper construction and something that could work is a hitch right behind the reverse light and you could gut the reverse light and just use it as a cover when not using the hitch.

Supramazing

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ, Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Supra
I'll be the U-Haul guinea pig. Still waiting for a 2023, so it might be a while. I will post the results.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Anyone ever been pulled over on their R compound tires driving back and forth to the track? Just asking for a friend...

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Anyone ever been pulled over on their R compound tires driving back and forth to the track? Just asking for a friend...
No but it shouldnt matter. R-comps are DOT legal. Notice how it says "recommended" for track use instead of "only" for track use on the sidewalls.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No but it shouldnt matter. R-comps are DOT legal. Notice how it says "recommended" for track use instead of "only" for track use on the sidewalls.
It is more fun in pouring rain (here in FL) when you do 😜. Back when the kids were little and it was required to have a SUV, per my wife, I would drag tires back and forth to the track. Then as I started to drive more in the rain on track and realized it's actually more fun, the fear left me of "what if" I drive back n forth to the track. Now a tiny trailer for track goodies (proper air compressor, tools, jack, etc.), that would be nice!

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
It is more fun in pouring rain (here in FL) when you do 😜. Back when the kids were little and it was required to have a SUV, per my wife, I would drag tires back and forth to the track. Then as I started to drive more in the rain on track and realized it's actually more fun, the fear left me of "what if" I drive back n forth to the track. Now a tiny trailer for track goodies (proper air compressor, tools, jack, etc.), that would be nice!
My first rain track day was in my Evo but I was on fresh 200tw tires. I will have to agree with you. Probably one of the most fun days I have ever had driving a car. It was amazing how sideways you could get the thing and still have no issues reeling it back in. The only day my Supra has been driven in the rain was the day I got it. Probably the first and last for it.

around_the_pits_ws2_1369_feb0219_caliphoto_00dc536d00f4226a085aa55b9a5fdf9f7aab6118.jpg

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
It kinda says both on the NT01. ;) But yea, DOT legal tires are surprise, legal to drive on the street.

IMG_2303.JPG
Dont you get all technical with me! Haha you know exactly what I meant. :rant:

Last edited:

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Bump. Any new developments in the way of trailer hitches? Procured a small tire trailer..

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bump. Any new developments in the way of trailer hitches? Procured a small tire trailer..
Great bump! I want this 🤩 I live in Flo-Rida. So there’s lots of trailer places used to putting on hitches for those motorized wheelchair things. Couldn’t need more than that, right?

Congrats on picking up a trailer. I still need to hit up harbor freight or look on local track ads.

How far do you have to drive to get to Barber?

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Great bump! I want this 🤩 I live in Flo-Rida. So there’s lots of trailer places used to putting on hitches for those motorized wheelchair things. Couldn’t need more than that, right?

Congrats on picking up a trailer. I still need to hit up harbor freight or look on local track ads.

How far do you have to drive to get to Barber?
Free tire trailer at that. Sure beats shelling out $600 on seasuckers and hope it'll support 4x 19s.

Barber is a 2 hour drive west for me. Not way out of the way for me to drive on track tires, but I'd rather not spend $1600 on CRS' and get only 7000 miles out of them over 4 months.

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
Wow, that's commitment! Do you think you could fit one wheel on the seat if you didn't remove it? I'm thinking one on the seat, one in the back and two on the roof in a suction mounted basket.
Sponsored