Tires for track events?

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
If it's about lap times or handling then Potenza RE-71RS on oem wheels 255/275 19 staggered

This is probably the fastest 200TW setup on stock wheels for track (not autocross) until you have aero, coilovers and wider wheels then you run Advan A052

Advan AD09 for endurance + wet days
Sponsored

esoulliard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
On the stock wheels I had a good experience with Yokohama A052s. You can also run RT660s by using 265s in the front.

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Have you tracked the Maxxis RC-1s? I got some by accident (so to speak).
I bought a set in late '15 for my E36 when they were pretty new on the market. I only ran them for 2 events at Sonoma and liked them a lot. They reminded me of a shaved Toyo RA-1 - similar grip and feel. I kept them until '18, but they were bricks by then, so I tossed them out.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I bought a set in late '15 for my E36 when they were pretty new on the market. I only ran them for 2 events at Sonoma and liked them a lot. They reminded me of a shaved Toyo RA-1 - similar grip and feel. I kept them until '18, but they were bricks by then, so I tossed them out.
Iā€™ve been running their newest version RC1. Grippy from new to cords. They heat up shockingly fast. I had a good experienced track Porsche buddy following me on an out lap and he spun. We normally stay with each other, change positions back and forth. He told me thatā€™s why he spun šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Another BMW dude did the same thing. Came over and said I must be running on slicks.

We all know to take it easy 1st lap out and session. Which I do. But this newest RC1 version is really quick to temp and stay that way. When I pull in checking my pressure you can feel how sticky they still are. Similar to guys with R compounds. However Iā€™m not throwing as many marbles as they are. And they last a surprisingly long timeā€¦ Hence itā€™s really a great sweet spot (grip for the money) imo.

If you have any questions, or need to check tire availability, I am happy to help!
I would love to try the newest version Nankang CR-S if comparable in price to the Maxxis Victra RC-1 (R2). Do you have them available for 275/35-18 square?

Last edited:

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Iā€™ve been running their newest version RC1. Grippy from new to cords. They heat up shockingly fast. I had a good experienced track Porsche buddy following me on an out lap and he spun. We normally stay with each other, change positions back and forth. He told me thatā€™s why he spun šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Another BMW dude did the same thing. Came over and said I must be running on slicks.

We all know to take it easy 1st lap out and session. Which I do. But this newest RC1 version is really quick to temp and stay that way. When I pull in checking my pressure you can feel how sticky they still are. Similar to guys with R compounds. However Iā€™m not throwing as many marbles as they are. And they last a surprisingly long timeā€¦ Hence itā€™s really a great sweet spot (grip for the money) imo.

I would love to try the newest version Nankang CR-S if comparable in price to the Maxxis Victra RC-1 (R2). Do you have them available for 275/35-18 square?
get them in 275/40-18

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Again thx for all that great info, Iā€™ll be driving to these events, so Iā€™ll need a tire (on stock size rims) thatā€™ll get me therešŸ˜œ without any issues.

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I run 275/35/18 square set up on apex rims and have tried a lot of different tires. So my favorites are maxxis rc1, Kumo v730 and nankang ar1. But are not really for daily driving. The fast 200s as everyone has mentioned is a good option for that. I finally went to the dark side and will be running a set of Hoosier a7 for time trial and Kumho v730 for Hpde sessions. I expect the Hoosier will be 3 sec faster than the Maxxis. But come with a significant cost. Will have data after Labor Day weekend at Inde Motorsports in Wilcox Az.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I run 275/35/18 square set up on apex rims and have tried a lot of different tires. So my favorites are maxxis rc1, Kumo v730 and nankang ar1. But are not really for daily driving. The fast 200s as everyone has mentioned is a good option for that. I finally went to the dark side and will be running a set of Hoosier a7 for time trial and Kumho v730 for Hpde sessions. I expect the Hoosier will be 3 sec faster than the Maxxis. But come with a significant cost. Will have data after Labor Day weekend at Inde Motorsports in Wilcox Az.
Nankang CRS faster than all those. If you are trying to just put down 1-2 fast laps on time trial, CRS would be a better and way more affordable tire to the A7

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
What is your experience level?

What are you hoping to get out of your events?

This will help us guide you to a tyre that will give you the best experience
Sponsored