JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra, '21 Lexus RX450H. '08 Lexus GX470
Vehicle Showcase
Guys - Got an issue. If I turn traction control and VCS off in any combination after I launch the car it all comes back on. It was driving me insane at Autocross this weekend. Am I doing something wrong or is there no way to turn it full off?

I had 30 PSI in the tires for reference because I've heard of that being an issue if you have 27 psi in the tires.

Is there any way to keep these systems full off regardless of what the car is doing?
Sponsored

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
Is the the 30 PSI reading coming from the tpms page in idrive? Do you have any chassis codes/errors?

OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is the the 30 PSI reading coming from the tpms page in idrive? Do you have any chassis codes/errors?
I do get a chassis error now and again that doesn't show up when I try to pull the codes via MHD. Do I need to go into the dealer and see what's up with that?

The 30PSI is coming from iDrive.

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know about MHD but I used Ecuteck and several obdii diagnostic device when I had the chassis codes with no lock.

My understanding is chassis codes will not show up and it can be triggered from the ride hight sensor for the headlight which is connected to the lower arms (driver side)

If you car is stock I would take it to the dealer to deal with it.

OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know about MHD but I used Ecuteck and several obdii diagnostic device when I had the chassis codes with no lock.

My understanding is chassis codes will not show up and it can be triggered from the ride hight sensor for the headlight which is connected to the lower arms (driver side)

If you car is stock I would take it to the dealer to deal with it.
It's close enough. I will make an appointment and post my results here.

OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a tune try removing it and see if it stil happens. If your car falls out of its params it could turn on traction control, disable cruise control, etc.
Will do.

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my car back from the dealership and my chassis code was coming from the rear ride height sensor. Connector was't installed correctly when I was switching between H&R and OEM springs.

They reinstalled it, reset it and now its gone.

It seems that all chassis codes are coming from these sensors. My guess to solve this is to keep them happy. If you are on stock ride height you shouldn't be having any problems if front/rear ride height sensors are connected properly and their wires are in good shape.

Now if you are lowered you should be very careful around these sensors and the difference in ride height should be compensated by drilling new holes in the sensor arms to have them sit at the same location when the car was on stock springs.

OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my car back from the dealership and my chassis code was coming from the rear ride height sensor. Connector was't installed correctly when I was switching between H&R and OEM springs.

They reinstalled it, reset it and now its gone.

It seems that all chassis codes are coming from these sensors. My guess to solve this is to keep them happy. If you are on stock ride height you shouldn't be having any problems if front/rear ride height sensors are connected properly and their wires are in good shape.

Now if you are lowered you should be very careful around these sensors and the difference in ride height should be compensated by drilling new holes in the sensor arms to have them sit at the same location when the car was on stock springs.

Roger. I'll make an appointment to bring mine in. Mine is stock ride height.

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Roger. I'll make an appointment to bring mine in. Mine is stock ride height.
Does the car feels stiffer than usual? Mine was much softer after fixing the issue.

OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
JakeM

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I fixed my issue. It was the rear suspension height sensor. The sensor arm was/is broken. It think it must have gotten in a fight with a cone I may or may not have run over at autocross. We were able to "engineer" a semi-permanent fix but I am going to think on how I want to make it more a more permanent fix in the future. I don't want to have the arm replaced at this point because there is a decent likelihood it could happen again anyway and I think I'm just going to fix it in a position and remove the sensor arm at some point. Unless a better solution comes along.

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I fixed my issue. It was the rear suspension height sensor. The sensor arm was/is broken. It think it must have gotten in a fight with a cone I may or may not have run over at autocross. We were able to "engineer" a semi-permanent fix but I am going to think on how I want to make it more a more permanent fix in the future. I don't want to have the arm replaced at this point because there is a decent likelihood it could happen again anyway and I think I'm just going to fix it in a position and remove the sensor arm at some point. Unless a better solution comes along.
Glad you got it fixed! If the suspension stiffens is affected by the position of the ride height sensor, then fixing the sensor's position might not be possible.

Diem68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I found a workaround for this problem, which I now suffer from after lowering the car. If I turn traction control off while going over 15mph, it will never come back on.
Sponsored