yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
I am dealing with a dealer out of state since they are selling a premium 4k under. Never bought a car through text or online and getting it shipped to me. What is everyone experience with buying out of state and making sure you arent screwed or scammed since we are dealing with a lot of money and not face to face?
Sponsored

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I think you should work the dealers close to you and let them know you have this offer out of state, you should be able to get it close. The shipping and possible high documentation fees should make a local buy pretty similar

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
I think you should work the dealers close to you and let them know you have this offer out of state, you should be able to get it close. The shipping and possible high documentation fees should make a local buy pretty similar
I tried to do that. Even showed them the picture of paperwork made from the other dealer. No one wanted to budge at all on their prices. The shipping they listed is only $700 and doc fees are under 600. Still comes out cheaper than anywhere local. I tried to buy a used LE they had sitting on the lot but they wanted over 57k and it had 1500 miles on it.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I tried to do that. Even showed them the picture of paperwork made from the other dealer. No one wanted to budge at all on their prices. The shipping they listed is only $700 and doc fees are under 600. Still comes out cheaper than anywhere local. I tried to buy a used LE they had sitting on the lot but they wanted over 57k and it had 1500 miles on it.
You need to talk to the fleet manager, thatā€™s the no nonsense department. All other sales departments will waste your time.

try all the local dealers, at the end of the month, some will budge. Just donā€™t give them the upper hand by acting desperate and really wanting the car

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Every dealership has been playing games here. They will put on a low price online and you ask for an OTD price and the price is jacked up super high. I had a dealership quote me $61.5 OTD on a base model.. But then another sales person at the same dealership quoted me $54k OTD and $59.5k OTD for a prem. I was like wtf

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Every dealership has been playing games here. They will put on a low price online and you ask for an OTD price and the price is jacked up super high. I had a dealership quote me $61.5 OTD on a base model.. But then another sales person at the same dealership quoted me $54k OTD and $59.5k OTD for a prem. I was like wtf
This unfortunately is a sales tactic to wear you down. So before you start spreading the word that all the dealers are offering $5000 off MSRP, this is usually what happens when you try to get it

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
You need to talk to the fleet manager, thatā€™s the no nonsense department. All other sales departments will waste your time.

try all the local dealers, at the end of the month, some will budge. Just donā€™t give them the upper hand by acting desperate and really wanting the car
Got one just out of town. They matched the price of what Iā€™d get from out of state. Getting it in next week sometime

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got one just out of town. They matched the price of what Iā€™d get from out of state. Getting it in next week sometime
This is way better way to go, you get the see the car before delivery. And TX probably doesn't have crazy documentation fees.

You should actually ask for the OTD price, just so they don't add tons of dealer added stuff without telling you. That's something all dealers try to do, match a price and then say "our car has these add on items for extra cost"

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
This is way better way to go, you get the see the car before delivery. And TX probably doesn't have crazy documentation fees.

You should actually ask for the OTD price, just so they don't add tons of dealer added stuff without telling you. That's something all dealers try to do, match a price and then say "our car has these add on items for extra cost"
There weren't any add ons that I see in the paperwork just the normal taxes and fees. Just under 58k out the door. The Toyota extra care was something I want as extra precaution since its a new model and BMW but the price is steep. Is there wiggle room for that or are the prices set from Toyota?

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There weren't any add ons that I see in the paperwork just the normal taxes and fees. Just under 58k out the door. The Toyota extra care was something I want as extra precaution since its a new model and BMW but the price is steep. Is there wiggle room for that or are the prices set from Toyota?
You don't have to buy the extended warranty from that dealer. You can go online and buy it at FDwarranty. They are a dealership in Massachusetts and last time I checked, they were selling the 8 year/75,000 miles warranty for $1175. You can ask them for the mileage warranty that suits your driving but 8years/75000 was the right amount for me.

The only thing about buying from an out of state dealer, you are bound by the laws of Massachusetts on that warranty, but the Toyota warranty works nationwide at all dealerships in the country. So you should be aware of that. Also you don't have to buy the warranty until your original 3 years warranty is up. They actually give you until 39 months to buy the extended warranty. No need to rush out and buy the warranty, you may not even have the car for that long.

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
You don't have to buy the extended warranty from that dealer. You can go online and buy it at FDwarranty. They are a dealership in Massachusetts and last time I checked, they were selling the 8 year/75,000 miles warranty for $1175. You can ask them for the mileage warranty that suits your driving but 8years/75000 was the right amount for me.

The only thing about buying from an out of state dealer, you are bound by the laws of Massachusetts on that warranty, but the Toyota warranty works nationwide at all dealerships in the country. So you should be aware of that. Also you don't have to buy the warranty until your original 3 years warranty is up. They actually give you until 39 months to buy the extended warranty. No need to rush out and buy the warranty, you may not even have the car for that long.
I contacted someone that was recommended on another post about extended warranty and their prices are much better. Either I will get it with them or see if I can get that price at my dealership. But the difference is substantial.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I contacted someone that was recommended on another post about extended warranty and their prices are much better. Either I will get it with them or see if I can get that price at my dealership. But the difference is substantial.
When I bought my Supra, my selling dealer quoted $2199 for the 8 years warranty. I then asked for them to match the $1175 and they said they couldn't do it. Best price after some negotiation was $1899. So they have some room to negotiate but they normally won't go down too much on these "money making" opportunities.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
This unfortunately is a sales tactic to wear you down. So before you start spreading the word that all the dealers are offering $5000 off MSRP, this is usually what happens when you try to get it
When I bought my Supra, my selling dealer quoted $2199 for the 8 years warranty. I then asked for them to match the $1175 and they said they couldn't do it. Best price after some negotiation was $1899. So they have some room to negotiate but they normally won't go down too much on these "money making" opportunities.
You also could find certain Toyota Dealerships that include lifetime power-train warranty and free oil changes....

Searchneverend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro, Camry, Corolla, Accord, Z350, Alfa Romeo 4C