U.S. Toyota Dealers without Mark Ups

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
Just put my deposit down and they stated MSRP plus delivery and taxes at time of pickup. If you're in Colorado, Larry H. Miller Toyota in the Springs doesn't seem to be doing any ADM at the moment.

91C61D8A-3997-4E9B-95DF-76B8EE50AB5E.jpeg
Man, is there any sort of Page 2 or "fine print" to go with that? Because based on that language, you agreed to give the dealership $1,000 and they're promising you nothing. And giving themselves nearly a year to do it in.

OP
OP

Dread_P

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 STI
Man, is there any sort of Page 2 or "fine print" to go with that? Because based on that language, you agreed to give the dealership $1,000 and they're promising you nothing. And giving themselves nearly a year to do it in.
Yeah, there is a page 2 stating that for any reason, I can get my deposit back. We also discussed it at length. The reason they put a December date is because they didn't know exactly when they would get their allocation.

Psychodo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2012 BMW x5
Just put my deposit down and they stated MSRP plus delivery and taxes at time of pickup. If you're in Colorado, Larry H. Miller Toyota in the Springs doesn't seem to be doing any ADM at the moment.

91C61D8A-3997-4E9B-95DF-76B8EE50AB5E.jpeg
Weird.. I've been in contact with 2 different reps at LHM Toyota in the springs and both are have said they're not taking orders. Do you mind me asking who you're working with? Dealers here in Denver won't take money yet either

Last edited:

alice the cat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Viper GTS, 99 TJ sahara, 2018 Taco, 2018 430i
Longo Toyota - Zero markup

I bought a Tacoma for my Sons first car and liked it so much I ordered another one for myself from Laura at Longo. I asked her to put me on the supra list a few weeks ago and she texted me today to say they are taking names and asked for a color preference. I asked her about markup and she said there will be none. They have never marked up a car and never will. I was almost surprised after reading what others here are hearing but they are number one for a reason.
Drop her an email or give her a call if you're interested.

[email protected]

She is the only person I have ever talked to at Longo. They even delivered my last truck to San Diego for me.

https://www.longotoyota.com

Robert

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
That’s great to hear. I’ve found LA dealerships are easier to work with then ones in SD. I’m also in San Diego and bought my Tacoma from Carson Toyota. At the time, Longo didn’t have the one I wanted or else I would bought it from them.

alice the cat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Pshchodo you are very welcome.

@DesmoSD I've had a few distasteful experiences with Toyota dealers here in SD and will never deal with any of them ever again. Hope we meet up at a cars and coffee someday, a TT911 in on my list.

@Adkuan89 Thats so awesome! I had been hearing crazy markup numbers like that too. Good thing we live close to the biggest toyota dealer in the world right? I bet Longo sells more cars in a month than all the SD dealers combined.

Funny side story... I've never set foot in the dealership nor talked live with anyone. I Think its entirely possible I will have bought 3 vehicles from Longo without ever talking on the phone with anyone. I just text and email and it shows up. Took 5 minutes to write a check and sign the papers on the tailgate and done. I know I sound like a fan boy but its rare I have anything nice to say about a car dealer and I can't say enough nice things about Laura and Longo.

Last edited:

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@DesmoSD I've had a few distasteful experiences with Toyota dealers here in SD and will never deal with any of them ever again. Hope we meet up at a cars and coffee someday, a TT911 in on my list.

Funny side story... I've never set foot in the dealership nor talked live with anyone. I Think its entirely possible I will have bought 3 vehicles from Longo without ever talking on the phone with anyone. I just text and email and it shows up. Took 5 minutes to write a check and sign the papers on the tailgate and done. I know I sound like a fan boy but its rare I have anything nice to say about a car dealer and I can't say enough nice things about Laura and Longo.
Which cars and coffee do you go to? I've been laying low but sometimes I go to the Carlsbad and San Clemente ones.

That's extremely rare to have a dealership's transaction so seamless. That's very good to know that there at least a dealership that will take care of their customers. Even though my Toyota purchase was over 10 yrs ago, stories like yours help solidify that L.A is still the place to go. However, not all dealerships in L.A are great. I almost got into a fight with the sales manager and 3 sales guys at Huntington Beach Toyota.

I already had my funds ready to go and spent the entire day driving around L.A to help lock in my truck. Huntington Beach was the last stop on my way back to San Diego. It wasn't anything special and wasn't even a TRD Sport; super white, double cab, 4WD, TRD Offroad package, auto and with the tow package. This was in the fall of 2004 before the 2nd Gen Tacomas were slowly starting to arrive for 2005. Things went south really quick when, for some stupid reason and according to their policy, I had get pre-qualified with their loan (on their terms) if I wanted to order a Tacoma with specs that I wanted. I asked for the invoice price and did not want any of "what monthly payment do I wanted to pay" sales tactics.

I kept insisting that they tell me the OTD price before any negotiating would take place. 2 sales guys corralled me into a cubicle and tried to keep me there as long as they could. Then a "sales manager" came by and told him what I was willing to pay OTD. He said he'll see what he can do, got up and then disappeared for what seemed like 30 mins. Then another sales manager came by, pitched the same exact B.S then got up and left to go see what his manager can do. Again, this guy seemed to be gone for another 30 mins.

Next thing you know, I've been there for 1.5 hrs. At that point, I got up told them I have to go. They kept on trying to buy time and by now I'm beyond upset. I got up, exchanged some words, added some French and things got heated. They eventually let me go but that was the most frustrating experience I've ever had.

alice the cat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@DesmoSD I had a very similar experience at Toyota of Chula Vista. They advertised a price on their website so I called to make sure the car was there and they said yes come on down. After we said I'll take it they claimed it was a mistake and sorry but no deal. I thought I was going to lose it but the wife dragged me out and we've never been back, not even for service.

I used to go to Cbad cars and to then Symbolic now O'gara I think. Went once to the secret car club in Rancho something, that was fun and great cars. I've been laying low too but have pledged to get out more this year. I'm down south and my car runs on E85 so one tank barely gets me there and home. I have E85 range anxiety :) but the car sits too much. 800 miles in 2 years.

Edit* I forgot HRE open house. Been to a few of those and they are a blast.

Last edited:

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@DesmoSD I had a very similar experience at Toyota of Chula Vista. They advertised a price on their website so I called to make sure the car was there and they said yes come on down. After we said I'll take it they claimed it was a mistake and sorry but no deal. I thought I was going to lose it but the wife dragged me out and we've never been back, not even for service.

I used to go to Cbad cars and to then Symbolic now O'gara I think. Went once to the secret car club in Rancho something, that was fun and great cars. I've been laying low too but have pledged to get out more this year. I'm down south and my car runs on E85 so one tank barely gets me there and home. I have E85 range anxiety :) but the car sits too much. 800 miles in 2 years.

Edit* I forgot HRE open house. Been to a few of those and they are a blast.
Sorry to hear. I grew up down there in Imperial Beach so I'm familiar with those dealerships.. I remember when Honda used to be Fuller Honda and being privately owned meant, better customer service and discount on parts. Not anymore now with the Penske monopoly took over. I wouldn't even bother with Toyota CV.

I miss the old Cbad location inside the outlets. The current one is lame. I used to The Lot meet but once you've seen it, it's not the same. A bunch of stuck up rich dudes who don't know shit about their car. I like the diversity, seeing people's builds, hearing their stories etc. The HRE open house is fun. I miss the Irvine one the most.

There are a good amount of E85 stations around SD and def a lot more then several years ago.

https://pearsonfuels.com/stations/

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

New member to this forum.

I placed an order for the 2020 Supra the day of the release/debut date here in the US.

I optioned for the 3.0 Premium with all packages checked, and in the Gray color. This is hoping we get more than just the launch editions this year.

My dealerships confirmed/in writing they will sell to me at MSRP plus taxes, and there will be no markup. The deposit was for $500 and is fully refundable, as stated on the documents signed as well.

I placed my order at Watertown Toyota in MA.

Cheers!
-V
Sponsored