Updated GR Yaris with Automatic debuts at Tokyo Auto Salon

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Some mkiv fan boys are so blind. Some comments I've seen saying it looks like the mkiv. What are they looking at lol.
In fairness, it's not that Toyota interiors are particularly bad (well sort of), it's just that they are nowhere near the quality of BMW (or any other luxury car maker). While it might've been sacrilege, the Supra's interior probably deserved Lexus branding on its exterior as it is leaps and bounds better than any other "Toyota."

And on topic, that new Yaris Interior is better than it was but in 2024 it's still nowhere near as good as what we have in the MKV.. and as we all know, that's a few generations old BMW!

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

If the Supra hasn't gotten a major facelift by now doubt we ever will.

Yaris released a year after the supra and its getting so much in one go. Strengthened chasis, more power (we did get this), new vents for cooling, new interior and updated seat position, new driving modes, there's a circuit mode that domestic japan owners can access through their Toyota Connect, motorsport focussed ebrake as an option.

Dang wish we got the yaris (minus the interior).

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
The differences between the Supra and the Yaris is that the former goes by BMWs life cycle but we shall see

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The differences between the Supra and the Yaris is that the former goes by BMWs life cycle but we shall see
Even bmw gets a mid cycle refreshes though. Whether it be new lights etc.

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
So this best toyota could do with their own designed new driver centric interior. Is this what all the Toyota only fan boys wanted? A Toyota designed interior... I'll stick with my BMW interior thank you.
I think the new design dash fits the ethos of a rally homologation rather well!

Just like no-one wants a jass vibe rock concert, a modern BMWish dash does not belong in a rally car.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think the new design dash fits the ethos of a rally homologation rather well!

Just like no-one wants a jass vibe rock concert, a modern BMWish dash does not belong in a rally car.
I read more on it. And morizo was talking about the Yaris in general at Tokyo Auto Salon. Didn't know they had to sell certain amount before they could use the car in races. So any major changes they want to make has to also be made to the street version. Changes makes sense if they want to keep winning races. Still kind of sucks for supra owners.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Let's line em up.
Who the women or the cripples?

jokes aside the Supra isn’t a race car, don’t come looking for legacy transmissions while shying away from every EV and mussel car out there. It simply isn’t that fast in a sea of performance cars. I would have bought the 4cylinder is that was the only one that came with a stick. We just prioritize different things. But even if you get in 5 races a week you are still normal driving 99% of the time. I’ll give up idiot proofing launches and advantageous torque multiplication from too many gears for engagement for that 99%. I would also prefer no turbo and 1500 extra revs. But with two kids about to go college, a GT3 just isn’t in the works.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Supra isn’t a race car

But even if you get in 5 races a week you are still normal driving 99% of the time.
5 races a week!? Normal driving!? What is this, fantasy land?

5 races a season. The rest of its life it lives on the lift, next to these other non-race cars.

Let’s line em up. You can have lane choice.

IMG_8510.jpeg

IMG_8222.jpeg

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
IMG_9140.png

John sweet private message to me, what a character he is…
Sponsored