Upgraded hybrid turbo/stock fuel system tuning question.

Upthetren

First Name
Tran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I've been told that 30% ethanol (e30) is the highest you should go with an upgraded turbo + stock fuel system before crashing the hpfp. Then recently I saw some run as low as e20, and now I got my final revision running at e37 because my car pulled timing with lower e. Does that mean that I have higher risk of crashing my hpfp compared to someone with lower e? I've asked my tuner to get me good power, but not push anything too far, but not sure if he followed it or even read my message at all lol. Here's the final log. Daw Ultra FLow R + catless dp.

bootmod3 datalog - Daw R, E Mix
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I run E40-45 with a pure 700. It all depends on how it's tuned. HPFP is cam driven so flows less at lower RPM so if you run lower boost down low and higher up high you can balance things out.

Log "HPFP Angle (Final)" to see how close you are to maxing out your HPFP. 126* is max.

EDIT: Looks like you are seeing about 107* HPFP max in that log, so you are fine. Keep an eye on it once it starts warming up though.

OP
OP
Upthetren

Upthetren

First Name
Tran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I run E40-45 with a pure 700. It all depends on how it's tuned. HPFP is cam driven so flows less at lower RPM so if you run lower boost down low and higher up high you can balance things out.

Log "HPFP Angle (Final)" to see how close you are to maxing out your HPFP. 126* is max.

EDIT: Looks like you are seeing about 107* HPFP max in that log, so you are fine. Keep an eye on it once it starts warming up though.
Thanks man. Appreciate it. Can you tell if this is a conservative or aggressive tune from this log?

ewwphil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda S2000

How much power are you making with that step up?

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
Thanks man. Appreciate it. Can you tell if this is a conservative or aggressive tune from this log?
I'd get a log in 5th too. On an older tune, in 4th my hpfp angle never went past 108. I was maxing out to hpfp in 5th, hitting 126 and crashing it. Brian (Razorlab) has actually seen that log. I'm running a DAW flow max.

Not saying yours will, but it's worth looking at if you do pulls into 5th gear.

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
I'd get a log in 5th too. On an older tune, in 4th my hpfp angle never went past 108. I was maxing out to hpfp in 5th, hitting 126 and crashing it. Brian (Razorlab) has actually seen that log. I'm running a DAW flow max.

Not saying yours will, but it's worth looking at if you do pulls into 5th gear.
Have you dyno’d recently with your new upgrades? Or old.
Maybe a dragy?

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you dyno’d recently with your new upgrades? Or old.
Maybe a dragy?
Hey,
Have some old dyno charts I can point you towards. Just had a pure stage2 tanny and billet torque converter installed, along with a spool FX-400x hpfp and injectors. Still need to put about 500 miles on it (tranny) so it can be fully tuned. I'm staying out of boost right now. I was limited on fuel... that won't be a problem anymore.

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Hey,
Have some old dyno charts I can point you towards. Just had a pure stage2 tanny and billet torque converter installed, along with a spool FX-400x hpfp and injectors. Still need to put about 500 miles on it (tranny) so it can be fully tuned. I'm staying out of boost right now. I was limited on fuel... that won't be a problem anymore.
Would love to see!

OP
OP
Upthetren

Upthetren

First Name
Tran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hey,
I know that we can just upgrade hpfp and change the hpfp settings in bm3 or mhd to run the new hpfp with the current tune, then we can retune in the future.

Is that the same with new injectors or we would need to start everything from the basemap the moment new injectors installed?

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know that we can just upgrade hpfp and change the hpfp settings in bm3 or mhd to run the new hpfp with the current tune, then we can retune in the future.

Is that the same with new injectors or we would need to start everything from the basemap the moment new injectors installed?

Actually BM3 doesn't have native support for the spool 350 or 400. They do provide your tuner with the necessary base files to build from. The injectors are in the same boat.

To be clear, you MUST have a new "base" tune when you upgrade to a spool hpfp and injectors... BEFORE you even start after the car

OP
OP
Upthetren

Upthetren

First Name
Tran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Actually BM3 doesn't have native support for the spool 350 or 400. They do provide your tuner with the necessary base files to build from. The injectors are in the same boat.

To be clear, you MUST have a new "base" tune when you upgrade to a spool hpfp and injectors... BEFORE you even start after the car
Oh i missed that you have the spool HPFP. I think Dorch has native support from bm3 and mhd.

kern417

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i
An ethanol mix will make the most power, but risk of hpfp crashing is all about the tune. You can run any amount of ethanol you want, even full e85, with a tune that properly pairs fueling and boost levels. You just need to ramp in boost as more fuel is available. That's how people are able to make 550+ on an ethanol mix.

If your tune is for E37, just try to stay as close as possible to that mix. Make sure you test ethanol at the pump so you can calculate the mix right and you should be good to go.

Usually what I see is people tuning their new setups now that they got on black friday/holiday sales. When summer blend e85 hits, they don't realize their E85 pump's ethanol content went up. This causes their fuel system to crash when they get the mix wrong. If you're just assuming x gallons of e85 and y gallons of pump gas will work all the time, you'll run into problems sooner or later.
Sponsored