Upgrading intake and part snapped off

RN1997

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Premium
I broke mine as well. I have ordered it from 2 different dealerships in hopes one will get here faster. I'm really concerned I'll break it again however as the CTS turbo intake really puts a lot of stress on the inlet. Considering cutting the vent pipe and putting a silicone hose in the middle to relieve some of the stress.
Sponsored

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Do what i did. Order one then install a catch can on the ccv side which converts the hose to a flexible one. You can also just buy a hose and follow the same instructions as the mishimoto carch can install

RN1997

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Premium
Do what i did. Order one then install a catch can on the ccv side which converts the hose to a flexible one. You can also just buy a hose and follow the same instructions as the mishimoto carch can install
Thanks for the info. If you have a part number for your catch can I would greatly appreciate that. I got the new vent pipe, cut it in half and rejoined with automotive silicone hose that I had left over from my 93 Accord lol. It's now flexible at least. I don't like how the inlet is kinda floppy as well with the CTS turbo intake I installed.

Meep

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I broke mine as well. I have ordered it from 2 different dealerships in hopes one will get here faster. I'm really concerned I'll break it again however as the CTS turbo intake really puts a lot of stress on the inlet. Considering cutting the vent pipe and putting a silicone hose in the middle to relieve some of the stress.
BMW part #:

You can order it from bimmerworld they do 1 day shipping if you need it fast

FuzzyRev85

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Are these dealerships you visit in person? If the two different dealerships are in the same general region, neither should get one faster than the other if you ordered both the same day, because these parts come from regional Parts Distribution Centers.

That being said, I won't see my Injen Evolution intake & charge-pipe for a little while, so I ordered one of these hoses today, just in case mine decides to snap as well during the upcoming install. I'm very glad that ya'll pointed this out, so I won't be stunned and furious if it happens to me.

RN1997

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Premium
Are these dealerships you visit in person? If the two different dealerships are in the same general region, neither should get one faster than the other if you ordered both the same day, because these parts come from regional Parts Distribution Centers.

That being said, I won't see my Injen Evolution intake & charge-pipe for a little while, so I ordered one of these hoses today, just in case mine decides to snap as well during the upcoming install. I'm very glad that ya'll pointed this out, so I won't be stunned and furious if it happens to me.
Different areas of the country. One had it in stock and the other said they could get it in one day. Ended up with the next day part getting here sooner. I cut it and added a silicone hose in the middle and has plenty of flex now.

DemonTime16

First Name
Dinh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mk5 3.0
Yeah i snapped mine in half i used superglue and it drive fine for now… i just placed an order for a new one it it such a pain to install

33994B38-5FA3-49C7-98A1-0F1AC83AAAB2.jpeg

00B2EF02-6C84-40C0-80D9-A84FEFB41008.jpeg

OP
OP
genoxy

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah i snapped mine in half i used superglue and it drive fine for now… i just placed an order for a new one it it such a pain to install

33994B38-5FA3-49C7-98A1-0F1AC83AAAB2.jpeg

00B2EF02-6C84-40C0-80D9-A84FEFB41008.jpeg
Haha yep exactly the same issue, I ended up ordering the part and gave it to service guys to install on the next service as coming from underneath is way easier to install.

They said they did if, I checked and it was the same super glued part in there afterwards 🤷‍♂️

So guess it wasn't too important
Sponsored