PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
Hi All,
Does anyone know how many supramk5.com members there are in the USA versus the U.K membership ???
Clearly it’s very interesting as someone in the UK to see all of the posts globally however the UK membership seems very small in comparison (understandably given population ratio) so just wondering what the numbers are!!
Thanks Paul
Sponsored

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Hey mate - I feel like there could be a few lurkers, but in terms of "active" UK members, whenever one of us posts anything in the UK section, I feel no more than a max of 15-20 UK members are around/replying?

I also think it's more complex than population ratio alone, the car is simply much rarer in the UK pro rata, and less normalized, even though it's rare in US too, here it's like a unicorn.

I also think financially speaking the cost of ownership of a car like a Supra is in proportion higher as an entry barrier in the UK vs USA which means it attracts more customers there. The Supra's design alone is such a stark clash to the reserved nature of the Brits, 99% or more would just get an equivalently priced car with more space and still quick, and less flashy. I feel that the US folk are more brave and original on that front :)

Finally it might be a cultural factor as well, that us UK folk are less active and the Supra crowd might perhaps be slightly older/more mature folk who are less interested (on average) in forums/groups.

Just sharing thoughts I had for a while here and seeing this thread was the perfect place - interested to hear other's opinions.

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Got to agree with @Supra_UK_ it‘s a considerably rarer car in the UK - let alone the rest of Europe - so there aren’t many of us active on here.

I also think there’s a bit of a cultural difference between the US and UK in terms of what each country likes to do with their cars. To me it seems there’s some amazing work being done in the US to tune these cars to be drag monsters, while the UK seems more OEM+ in the modifications - perhaps influenced by UK car insurance requirements.

One funny side effect is that whenever I’ve spotted a Supra in the UK, I already know who the owner is, or when I’ve met the owners I’ve recognised the car from the forum 😂

In any case it’s fascinating to see the differences and similarities in car cultures on the forum, and there are some spectacular builds going on.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
I think I've seen 4 on the road/shows in 2 years over here.

Never seen a 2.0L in the wild either!

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
My Supra just turned 3 years old, not counting the Supra's I saw on our free Toyota track day, I've seen maybe 4 different Supra's in the wild in that time frame.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think I've seen 6 in the wild over a year + 2 sightings reported by friends who were wondering if it was me lol (neither time was me).

And I did see 1 yellow 2.0 Brett!

Kr155

First Name
Kriss
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 pro
I new of 4 in Devon Jamie’s yellow one has gone to Cornwall and the black one form Ivybridge has now been crashed. When I spoke to Snows Toyota they told me other than mine they have only sold two one being the top gear press car (red)

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Hi All,
Does anyone know how many supramk5.com members there are in the USA versus the U.K membership ???
Clearly it’s very interesting as someone in the UK to see all of the posts globally however the UK membership seems very small in comparison (understandably given population ratio) so just wondering what the numbers are!!
Thanks Paul
I’m currently driving around the UK and in five days have seen zero Supras. And what the fuck is with all the speed cameras? Even in the middle of nowhere. Crazy!

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
I’m currently driving around the UK and in five days have seen zero Supras. And what the fuck is with all the speed cameras? Even in the middle of nowhere. Crazy!
Committing crimes as soon as you got to the UK eh?

You're wild for that lol

TheangryEngineer

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rx7 FD3S, Subaru S202, Impreza V4 sti coupe, st185
I definitely agree with how rare they are over here in UK. I hadn't driven mine for a while, yet day or night, when I take it on the road, people are literally slowing down to take a photo of it or stopping me to talk about it. It's the first car I have owned that not only makes me smile, b out everyone that sees it, it's an unreal feeling.

I think also that hte way the cost of living crisis happened in Europe, and after covid, there isn't so much disposable cash around these days so bit "Halo" cars like the Supra aren't on the top of peoples priorities anymore.

Plus..... in general (not enthusiasts) the general population is moving away from their love of cars and want general utility vehicles that squeeze under the ever tightening govt restrictions and tax bands. Unfortunately the Supra is a car that a lot of people jsut cant afford these days so we really need to be thankful we have had the opportunity to own/drive such a wonderful car.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah chief, they are truly rare here, makes it ever more special to see one 🤩

If I may ask, what brought you so far over here to this dark land of financial and cultural depression? 😅

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Yeah chief, they are truly rare here, makes it ever more special to see one 🤩

If I may ask, what brought you so far over here to this dark land of financial and cultural depression? 😅
😂 I’ve never been to the motherland so just seeing the sights. interesting place.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
😂 I’ve never been to the motherland so just seeing the sights. interesting place.
That's fantastic mate! I hope you have a great time! If you get a chance visit York, Stamford, Cambridge, those are my 3 favorites I think 🥰😍
Sponsored