Verus heat shield for 2021 6-port is now available

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Here is the response I received from Verus this morning:

Loosen the two M8 bolts, push the heatshield as far up as possible and retighten the M8 bolts. If it is pushed up as high as it can go before tightening down the M8 bolts it will not touch. We test fit one here in-house on a 6 port model and it is very close to touching, but it did not touch if pushed up all the way. Regardless if it touches the wastegate heat shield, it is not going to cause any damage as it is just a heatshield.

I'm going to give this a try in a bit and will report back, but it makes sense - I just kind of let it hang there when I was tightening it down, thanking the Car Gods that I did not drop anymore hardware down into the engine bay. ?
Thanks for the reply from Verus. I guess there is some wiggle room designed in there if you need it.

PS - I’m not moving mine. ?

-RJM
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Thanks for the reply from Verus. I guess there is some wiggle room designed in there if you need it.

PS - I’m not moving mine. ?

-RJM
I think it's a 10-second thing to move it. loosen-push-tighten, akin to their master cylinder brace (which I -highly- recommend).

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I think it's a 10-second thing to move it. loosen-push-tighten, akin to their master cylinder brace (which I -highly- recommend).
It really did only take me a few seconds to do, but I still had the airbox out of the car. Going to do the AOS install this afternoon while the Cusco brace is out of the car then the master cylinder brace is next. You've found that it really makes that big of a difference? One of my complaints about this car is brake feel and it seems like, in theory, this could help a lot.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It really did only take me a few seconds to do, but I still had the airbox out of the car. Going to do the AOS install this afternoon while the Cusco brace is out of the car then the master cylinder brace is next. You've found that it really makes that big of a difference? One of my complaints about this car is brake feel and it seems like, in theory, this could help a lot.
Yeah - the brake pedal feels much stiffer to me. Maybe it's placebo, but I honestly feel that it makes a big difference. I don't have actual resistance data, but Verus did provide significant evidence that it does.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Quick lunchtime install:

PXL_20210608_204443300.jpg

Next up, master brake cylinder brace. Maybe we should rename this post "Verus Engineering Component Installs"? ?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Quick lunchtime install:

PXL_20210608_204443300.jpg

Next up, master brake cylinder brace. Maybe we should rename this post "Verus Engineering Component Installs"? ?
That’s a medusa of a contraption you got going on there. ?

-RJM

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Man...those went quick!

I ordered mine directly through Verus website too. I’m not sure if other vendors bought any to stock for customers. It’s a nice quality shield and functional.

-RJM
All, I just got a message from Verus that my 6 port shipped. BACK IN STOCK, apparently.

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Mine shipped out today as well, placed the order about 3 weeks ago. Probably sold out just from backorders!!

TheIronLotus

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra 3.0
Mine shipped out today as well, placed the order about 3 weeks ago. Probably sold out just from backorders!!
Can you advise where you ordered from? I placed my order with speed industries on 6/25 and I have not received any info on shipment.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can you advise where you ordered from? I placed my order with speed industries on 6/25 and I have not received any info on shipment.
I don't mean to derail, but why not order directly from Verus?

TheIronLotus

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra 3.0
I don't mean to derail, but why not order directly from Verus?
Honestly I didn’t know. I just seen it on speed industries website when I ordered my downpipe and exhaust amongst other things and added the heat shield to my list.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly I didn’t know. I just seen it on speed industries website when I ordered my downpipe and exhaust amongst other things and added the heat shield to my list.
With them being in stock now (at least partially) hopefully you'll get some information soon.
Sponsored