Vibrations/Rattles in 2020 Premium Supra

nse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, LS2 FD RX7
Hello, do you have any idea on how to fix the door pin noise? I've also got a rattle going over bumps coming from the rear. It sounds like to hatch lid is loose. I've turned the 2 bump stops on top of the tail lights, but no luck. Thanks.
I've got the same rattle so keep the thread updated if you find a solution!

Jaysyn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2015 GTI, 2016 Forester XT
Hello, do you have any idea on how to fix the door pin noise? I've also got a rattle going over bumps coming from the rear. It sounds like to hatch lid is loose. I've turned the 2 bump stops on top of the tail lights, but no luck. Thanks.
Do you have lowering springs?
I had a popping/clunking noise from behind the passenger seat. It sounded like it was from inside the trunk but it was actually coming from my lowering springs making contact during compression going over bumps. Got some sleeves and it helped.
Found the solution on this thread

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/lowering-springs-suspension-noise-identified.5315/page-3

fellos

First Name
Umberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 2020
after only 200 km, my new Supra entered the club of the rattles cars...the noise is coming from the back part of the driver door. With the guide of the different topics here in the forum, I removed the door panel and started to use adhesive backed foam all around and added in the empty area acoustic sponge. Unfortunately a big failure!. However, trying to understand where the noise originated from, I realized that in my case it occurs only when the Supra has been exposed to the sun (parked outside the garage during the day time) and the vibrations disappear if I open the window a few millimeters or if I open the window, drive for 2 minutes and then as soon as I close it the noises disappear.
Has anyone experienced the same? Can be the window that make rattles when completely close?

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
after only 200 km, my new Supra entered the club of the rattles cars...the noise is coming from the back part of the driver door. With the guide of the different topics here in the forum, I removed the door panel and started to use adhesive backed foam all around and added in the empty area acoustic sponge. Unfortunately a big failure!. However, trying to understand where the noise originated from, I realized that in my case it occurs only when the Supra has been exposed to the sun (parked outside the garage during the day time) and the vibrations disappear if I open the window a few millimeters or if I open the window, drive for 2 minutes and then as soon as I close it the noises disappear.
Has anyone experienced the same? Can be the window that make rattles when completely close?
Old ass thread but anyway.

For me its the seatbelt retractor, especially on the passager side. It came back today after being quiet for atleast 4 weeks. 😅

Anyone else having this?

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium, 08' Tacoma 2WD, 10' FJ Cruiser
I had the same issue and thought it was something near there as well....but since I had sound deadened the entire car and got rid of all the metal clips that make noise, I knew it had to be something else. I had tried a million different things in the door thinking it was the plastic trim on the door panel or the lock mechanism moving around. Eventually I figured out it was the window glass rubbing on the rubber seal....when I put the window down, the noise would go away. I tried lube on the seal at first but that didn’t work, so I ended up using this anti-friction tape..... I put in on the rubber seal between the glass and the door jam. It doesnt look the prettiest and needs to be redone every 4-5 months...but its affective. Hopefully that helps.

Anti-friction Tape

IMG-8686.jpg

Reactions: Pat

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I had the same issue and thought it was something near there as well....but since I had sound deadened the entire car and got rid of all the metal clips that make noise, I knew it had to be something else. I had tried a million different things in the door thinking it was the plastic trim on the door panel or the lock mechanism moving around. Eventually I figured out it was the window glass rubbing on the rubber seal....when I put the window down, the noise would go away. I tried lube on the seal at first but that didn’t work, so I ended up using this anti-friction tape..... I put in on the rubber seal between the glass and the door jam. It doesnt look the prettiest and needs to be redone every 4-5 months...but its affective. Hopefully that helps.

Anti-friction Tape
I had the same issue with another car of mine and I used Sailkote and it worked wonders. Highly recommended. I would just apply it with plenty of ventilation as it smells bad for the first hour or so.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRSUVEJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium, 08' Tacoma 2WD, 10' FJ Cruiser
I had the same issue with another car of mine and I used Sailkote and it worked wonders. Highly recommended. I would just apply it with plenty of ventilation as it smells bad for the first hour or so.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRSUVEJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yea I tried some of that too…didn’t work for me. I tried Gummi Pfledge (or however you spell it), Sailkote, Shinetsu grease (Honda lube) and nothing permanently fixed the noise until I applied the tape.

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I discovered there were two major sources that caused my doors to rattle. After spending a few hours tapping on the panel, I discovered a rattle coming from my tweeter speaker mounting point and the location where the outer layer of the door (layer wrapped in "leather") and the inner plastic layer meet. Resolving the former issue just involved wrapping the tweeter molding in electrical tape and snapping it back in place. The latter issue required a layer of electrical tape between the upper side of the two door panel layers (I will supply pictures tomorrow after working on the passenger door. While I cannot state whether this helped at all, I also wrapped each of the metal clips (five of them) along the top mounting point of the panel and door frame with electrical tape. This did make it a bit more difficult to get the door panel on, however. =P

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Sharing my rattle fixes took me three months ...

1 . Passenger seatbelt clip plastic hitting door when not in use... FIXED buy purchasing a $4 silicone clip cover off Ebay

2. Rattle from rear view mirror plastic cover .... inserted foam on top edge

3. boot rattles ... turned out to be the two round cover pieces near hinge ... foam inserted
foam inserted all over boot ... especial where emergency triangle would go.

4. door pins rattling ... i just inserted a piece of foam between door card and metal of door just to pull it away a little ....gone

5. roof rattle ... turned out to be a stone under the roof strip ( the long piece on top)

6. Subwoofer rattle on low volume ( sounds like speaker issue ) .... now this was an interesting fix
The issue is that you have to dissasemble a lot of the car to get to the speaker ... The problem WAS NOT THE SPEAKER it was that the speaker was not screwed down tight enough ... easiest thing to do is remove speaker grille .. you can see the 4 speaker mounting screws ... but cant get to them ... just use a drill/dremmel to make a hole in the carpet directly above the screw to fit and screwdriver through ... and you can tighten it ... the grille will cover any hole you make. fixed.

Mark5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2
Very interesting to note (for me anyway) that this was common pre COVID as I was almost certain that the manufacturing process at that plant has been negatively affected by COVID and lockdowns due to the world being upside down and people being very distracted. But guess not really

Hey everyone,

Picked up my 2020 Premium Supra last Friday.

Really only driven it a couple days and put about 300 miles on it so far.

Overall the car is amazing, and I can't stress enough this thread is not me trying to complain. I am just curious if these are normal issues, because the car is so new still that I wasn't expecting it. However today when driving the car I noticed multiple things that concerned me.

First, when the car was at idle in either sport or comfort mode there was a very strange loud ticking/knocking coming from the driver footwell/center tunnel area. After shutting the car off and immediately turning car on sound went away and I did not hear it for the rest of the day. Any one experience this?

Second, I have a weird tick/rattle right by the driver door where the belt is. Doesn't sound like the door lock issue, but I could be mistaken?

Third, in the center tunnel right behind the cup holders there is a tin can rattle at times and is generally prominent when in sport mode. I have a feeling it's an exhaust rattle coming into the cabin, and not sure if this is a normal thing? This doesn't happen often, and I only really heard it when idling. When driving it goes away.

Fourth, my driver seat practically touches the cross bar behind the seat due to my height. I am only 5'9", not that tall. Anyone else have this issue with rubbing or creaking due to seat pushed so far back?

Fifth, when putting the car in “Park” or “Drive” the car makes a weird mechanical creak. The car also seems to squat noticeably when putting into drive. Also the rear brake makes a squeak/creak when putting the car in park as well. Have no idea if this is normal or not. Car functions fine, just makes these noises.

Sixth, and hopefully final thing is the speaker behind the passenger seat rattles due to the bass when music is on. I played with the bass settings and only if I put the bass completely down to lowest negative settings I can guarantee no vibration. I find it weird that the upgraded sound system has issues like this so soon.

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
-V
Sponsored