Virtual Dyno Help

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I'm not super savvy when it comes to this stuff, and I was wondering if maybe someone out there could provide me with some assistance. I stumbled upon virtual dyno the other day and thought I could take the last log I did for Botti when I was getting street tuned. Well I plugged it into the system and got a pretty crazy looking graph. I'll attach a picture of what I ended up with and the log in the event that I'm doing something wrong, which I'm sure I am. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I get asked all the time what my car is dyno'ing and I have a ballbark guess but it would be nice to actually have something to show.

Virtual Dyno (Weird).jpg
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Not familiar with this. It could be millions of things, starting with, what do you mean by you "plugged in" the last tune from Botti?
What file format. Did it process it with no issues. Did you have to select a channel or something..
I feel like maybe you directed it to graph wrong parameters..

OP
OP
Supra_Cop

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Not familiar with this. It could be millions of things, starting with, what do you mean by you "plugged in" the last tune from Botti?
What file format. Did it process it with no issues. Did you have to select a channel or something..
I feel like maybe you directed it to graph wrong parameters..
Plugged in = Loaded.
From what I know of it you just load in your log and it was suppose to do some magic and spit me out a dyno. Iā€™m 100% sure that itā€™s not graphing the right parameters given the graph.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Iā€™ve never done a virtual dyno. But from what I know, you basically find a super flat spot, run the car WOT (from a dig or roll) and it generates a graph. You do it both directions to get an average and you want to avoid anything that would invalidate (like how draggy works). Thatā€™s atleast what Iā€™ve heard before. @zrk knows more stuff about stuff so Iā€™ll let him stuff you full of his knowledge stuff.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Based on internet you've to setup the vehicle parameters like FDR, gear ratios, tire size, etc. Did you do all that.
Link to software. Is it the Android App?

Android App says not just any random log..

Screenshot_20230406_222945_Google Play Store.png

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Make sure your in the right gear. Play around with the gear selection. You can almost smooth out the graph alittle as well. There are ton of settings on the virtual. Make sure weight is right and tire size. You will need to play around with it until your numbers seems more reasonable. I ran the same virtual dyno for years and gotten decently accurate results.

Try 4th gear reading and also smooth it down To 5 or 6 and see what happens.

OP
OP
Supra_Cop

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Based on internet you've to setup the vehicle parameters like FDR, gear ratios, tire size, etc. Did you do all that.
Link to software. Is it the Android App?

Android App says not just any random log..
Iā€™m running this virtual dyno: https://barnhill.bitbucket.io/

I went in and set the tire sizes and vehicle weights. I selected the 2020 Supra, and was assuming the gear ratio was set from pre-selecting the car. That may be where the issue lies. The log I loaded in was also a 3rd gear to 5th gear pull, so it may be too much data.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Iā€™m running this virtual dyno: https://barnhill.bitbucket.io/

I went in and set the tire sizes and vehicle weights. I selected the 2020 Supra, and was assuming the gear ratio was set from pre-selecting the car. That may be where the issue lies. The log I loaded in was also a 3rd gear to 5th gear pull, so it may be too much data.
ah cool. something new to play with :)

1680836744925.png

From the Data Folder:

<CarMake>Toyota</CarMake>
<CarModel>Supra</CarModel>
<CarSubModel>3.0L GR MKV</CarSubModel>
<StartYear>2020</StartYear>
<EndYear>2020</EndYear>
<Weight>3397</Weight>
<TransTypeManual>false</TransTypeManual>
<TransGear3>2.172</TransGear3>
<TransGear4>1.72</TransGear4>
<TransGear5>1.316</TransGear5>
<TransGear6>1</TransGear6>
<FinalGearRatio>3.15</FinalGearRatio>
<DragCoefficient>0.33</DragCoefficient>
<FrontalArea>23.2</FrontalArea>
<TireDiameter>26</TireDiameter>
<Custom>true</Custom>

Which looks correct.

Kashbringer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
You'll need to open the log in excel and delete all rows that are in other gears that you dont want to see. You'll want to do one gear at a time or you'll get a graph that goes back forth.

Kashbringer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
Used to use virtual dyno a lot on my built / big turbo mazdaspeed 3. Once you get the settings down it's pretty darn accurate if you are on a straight and level road.. Though it did take some time to get it all configured compared to real world dyno pulls
Sponsored