Visconti DME with production date after 6/2020 cloning

MK52NV

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra GR
Has anyone with dme production date after 6/2020 has had their dme cloned through Visconti Tuning? I'm suprised there is no youtube video with anyone that had yet to have their ecu cloned and tuned just curious if this is legit
Sponsored

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Has anyone with dme production date after 6/2020 has had their dme cloned through Visconti Tuning? I'm suprised there is no youtube video with anyone that had yet to have their ecu cloned and tuned just curious if this is legit
Yes it’s completely legit. My 2022 is tuned on a cloned ECU, running flex fuel.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
the FEMTO unlock is definitely legit. id go through Levan at BIMECU for the unlock and clone.

https://www.bimecu.com/

which platform are you interested in Flashing with? MHD, Ecutek, BM3, or MGflasher?

OP
OP
MK52NV

MK52NV

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra GR
the FEMTO unlock is definitely legit. id go through Levan at BIMECU for the unlock and clone.

which platform are you interested in Flashing with? MHD, Ecutek, BM3, or MGflasher?

I am intrested in MHD or Ecutek

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Most of the high HP guys don't waste time with youtube or whatever, but I'm not sure what you'd expect to see in a video? Pulling the ECU, showing the date, slapping the ecu back in and then.. flashing?

It definitely works fine. My cloned ECU from an X5 works fine.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
I am intrested in MHD or Ecutek
ok, Ecutek requires a Clone, MHD does not.

NOTES - without clone, using the FEMTO unlock, custom features like Flex fuel, Mapswitching, Antilag, and etc will currently not be available. Those features currently require a clone on ALL flashing platforms.

Without the clone, you are still 100% able to get a full custom tune, minus the above features. So you just need to decide if you want those features or not. Custom features may eventually be doable without a clone, but no idea if or when.

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
Flex fuel alone is worth cloning but it alone is not worth the $5k price of a custom tune, unlock, clone, and ecutek license.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Flex fuel alone is worth cloning but it alone is not worth the $5k price of a custom tune, unlock, clone, and ecutek license.
yea for some that stuff is worth it. i havent changed fuels in our shop car in over a year, haha.

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I have a 2021 Supra, did the full clone through PPE with a donor ecu running a stage 2+ map on ECUTEK and all good so far.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Build something with motec and you'll feel that $5k is a bargain lol.

People will spend $4k-5k on a set of wheels and tires, body kits, carbon fiber, etc. without a care in the world. Then complain about spending the same money on the thing that makes the car actually move. Yeah its a good chunk of change but its a single piece of hardware that needs to work nearly perfectly 100% of the time.

If you wait long enough maybe a different solution comes out... maybe. But the new ECUs might be stuck with these half featured flashing solutions forever. Personally didnt want to wait and risk the older ECUs not being produced anymore and being stuck with something that doesnt do what I need. Buy once, Cry once.