Visconti Tune Stage 2

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Hey, all. I am trying to pick up a tune for my new '20 Supra 3.0. So far, I've picked up a Eventuri intake and Titan Catless Down Pipe for the car.

I stumbled upon this Ecutek tune kit with an OTS tune from Visconti: https://www.viscontituning.com/products/a90-supra-tuning-kit?variant=31769827115060

Does anyone have experience with this tune? My goal is to have a solid 93 oct. tune while keeping my daily reliable.
Sponsored

Last edited:

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Aftermarket mods and "more reliable" don't really go together, the best you can hope for is "not significantly less reliable".

Visconti is a solid tuner, and that's his standard Ecutek OTS package. All in all it's a good option. @Marshall@ViscontiTuning should be able to answer any questions you have about it.

Keep in mind that if you've performed the brake recall or visited the dealership for any kind of warranty work, your ECU is probably locked, so you'll need to spend an additional $4-700 for a bench unlock before you can tune.

OP
OP
AngelsofVerdun

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Aftermarket mods and "more reliable" don't really go together, the best you can hope for is "not significantly less reliable".

Visconti is a solid tuner, and that's his standard Ecutek OTS package. All in all it's a good option. @Marshall@ViscontiTuning should be able to answer any questions you have about it.

Keep in mind that if you've performed the brake recall or visited the dealership for any kind of warranty work, your ECU is probably locked, so you'll need to spend an additional $4-700 for a bench unlock before you can tune.
My car still shows the active recall on it for the brake issue.

Also, I removed 'more' from my statement about desired reliability--good catch.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
There's a good chance it's unlocked then since you have a '20. If you do the recall it will erase the tune and lock the ECU though, and you'll have to spend the money to get it unlocked and reflashed afterward.

BuyHighSellLow

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Premium, MK6 Jetta
If you get that recall done, your ECU will become locked. I had that happen to me on my 2020.

you’ll have to purchase an unlock from the tuner along with the tune (about $400 I think). This will require you to ship your physical ECU to a shop for unlocking.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Hey, all. I am trying to pick up a tune for my new '20 Supra 3.0. So far, I've picked up a Eventuri intake and Titan Catless Down Pipe for the car.

I stumbled upon this Ecutek tune kit with an OTS tune from Visconti: https://www.viscontituning.com/products/a90-supra-tuning-kit?variant=31769827115060

Does anyone have experience with this tune? My goal is to have a solid 93 oct. tune while keeping my daily reliable.
Dragy Gains: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/stock-vs-visconti-stage-2-ots-dragy-gains.13423/

I super happy with the customer experience and output of the tune.

Definitely consider whether you want to do the recall fix and pay for the unlock or continue running with an open recall (and no full screen CarPlay). I suggest making your decision now to avoid the hassle later.

Otherwise, I couldn’t recommend Visconti more if you’re looking to get a solid OTS tune on a tuning platform (Ecutek) that gives you lots of room to grow.

OP
OP
AngelsofVerdun

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Currently running Visconti's OTS stage 2 and grin every time I smash the go pedal.
Dragy Gains: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/stock-vs-visconti-stage-2-ots-dragy-gains.13423/

I super happy with the customer experience and output of the tune.

Definitely consider whether you want to do the recall fix and pay for the unlock or continue running with an open recall (and no full screen CarPlay). I suggest making your decision now to avoid the hassle later.

Otherwise, I couldn’t recommend Visconti more if you’re looking to get a solid OTS tune on a tuning platform (Ecutek) that gives you lots of room to grow.
I genuinely don't think going three days without a car is doable for me. While it does seem to be a quick turnaround, the process of waiting for the recall fix on-top of the ECU flash could leave me without a vehicle for an extended period of time.

OP
OP
AngelsofVerdun

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I've been on stage 2, no cat DP, 93 octane for over a year and no issues. Great experience remotely tuning with Marshall... No regrets!!
Good to hear, I've ordered all of the parts. I am hoping to have everything installed and car tuned by next weekend--just in time for our local car show.

Last edited:

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Dealing with those guys seems to be hit or miss, and when it's miss you're basically screwed. Just judging by their reaction to some things, I'd personally stay away.

Helicaldamn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2014 Toyota 4Runner, 1986 Toyota 4Runner

I have no complaints after I went with that tune. Well, not true. The factory tires lack good grip with that additional power in certain conditions. I'm sure I'd complain about the brakes too if I were more of an aggressive driver.
Sponsored