Stock vs. Visconti Stage 2 OTS - Dragy Gains

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
This is the ideal setup I want for my Supra looks to be the perfect setup for the street. Crazy how a OTS tune wakes the car up that much. Getting very tempted to go through Visconti for the ECU clone but $3700 for the clone is a tough pill to swallow :(
Sponsored

EziGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
This is the ideal setup I want for my Supra looks to be the perfect setup for the street. Crazy how a OTS tune wakes the car up that much. Getting very tempted to go through Visconti for the ECU clone but $3700 for the clone is a tough pill to swallow :(
I did the unlock without the clone. Unless you're doing port injection, want a flex fuel tune, or other canbus type things, you can just get the $1800 unlock and flash away with BM3/MHD/MGflasher.

Then if and when you want to do more extensive mods, you simply upgrade to the clone for no additional cost, just the difference of what you already paid.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
I did the unlock without the clone. Unless you're doing port injection, want a flex fuel tune, or other canbus type things, you can just get the $1800 unlock and flash away with BM3/MHD/MGflasher.

Then if and when you want to do more extensive mods, you simply upgrade to the clone for no additional cost, just the difference of what you already paid.
I didn't think of that. Sounds like a better route for me as I only want to do a DP/intake and tune on 93.

ndriver13

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I didn't think of that. Sounds like a better route for me as I only want to do a DP/intake and tune on 93.
I'm in the same boat, wanting a DP/Intake and 93 tune. I didn't even know you could do an OTS tune on a 21 ecu without a clone. Would the $1800 unlock and BM3 for example be more beneficial than just a JB4 if that's the extent of the mods?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm in the same boat, wanting a DP/Intake and 93 tune. I didn't even know you could do an OTS tune on a 21 ecu without a clone. Would the $1800 unlock and BM3 for example be more beneficial than just a JB4 if that's the extent of the mods?
Yeah, typically.

It also seems like this resource could be handy for you

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Apparently they don't hook as well as newer Nittos but they definitely look tough on this little car. The slightly taller sidewall fills the fender gap making the car look lowered and the nearly slick tread surface looks racy.

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
Intake,Catted DP, JB4 with tune by @Jesse DaBears on the street, stock rubber.
E52110AC-33E4-4316-9A2E-B6AEFA549E28.jpeg

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
If all you're going for is better performance, and price is a concern, JB4 will get similar or better performance than an OTS tune for about 1/4 the price. I think you'd have to be on drugs to spend $1800 to basically get an OTS tune. JB4 can get you from high 12s 60-130 down to low 8's

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
If all you're going for is better performance, and price is a concern, JB4 will get similar or better performance than an OTS tune for about 1/4 the price. I think you'd have to be on drugs to spend $1800 to basically get an OTS tune. JB4 can get you from high 12s 60-130 down to low 8's
I'm debating going with JB4 and custom map 6 by Jesse on pump 93. Gonna wait until end of summer to pull the trigger tho. Maybe a full unlock will come out by then... wishful thinking lol. Would the jb4 custom map yield similar results to an OTS Ecutek tune?
Sponsored