Warm footwell after jb4 install

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Hey folks. Today I installed my jb4 and ran it on map one and two to log. Kept it on map two to run a few errands around town. It might be placebo but it sure felt like there was some warm air / heat down by my feet and ankles as I was driving around town. It's probably just me being paranoid but figured I'd post and see others opinions.

Outside temperature was 68 degrees most of the day while I was driving and overcast.

I know I can expect to feel some heat as I'm driving around on warmer days as the transmission etc are right next to our legs and I did feel down where I pushed through the grommet to run the jb4 cable and didn't feel anything coming in there.

Anyway, I linked the logs on the berger forums and the car ran superb but figured I'd post anyway to see if others have experienced this and if it's just my imagination.
Sponsored

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
That could be a result of the jb4. It is calling for the turbo to make more boost than the ecu is calling for so that could be just the additional heat from the turbo. You will feel more as you put your foot in it more.

OP
OP
HookemNC

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
That could be a result of the jb4. It is calling for the turbo to make more boost than the ecu is calling for so that could be just the additional heat from the turbo. You will feel more as you put your foot in it more.
Thanks! I figured this was the case as running 4 more psi of boost has to generate more heat no doubt. I just hadn't read anyone mentioning it and there are a lot of jb4 installs I'm sure. Temps all looked good "to my amateur mind anyway" and it was running like a champ. Was just curious mostly :cool:

Katniss2020

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR, 1961 C10 Apache, 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Wagon
So, what is your impression of the JB4? I am considering this piggy-back tune. Can you actually feel the difference? How challenging is the install?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
So, what is your impression of the JB4? I am considering this piggy-back tune. Can you actually feel the difference? How challenging is the install?
Install is easy if you got the tools to do it. I for sure feel a big difference in map 3 with e30

OP
OP
HookemNC

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Initial impressions are "holy smokes, this thing is nuts" and that was on map 2 lol. You can definitely feel the power in the torque and man it feels good.

I installed it in less than 30 minutes including ewg cable. It was incredibly easy to do and I have absolutely 0 automotive talent. A few awesome YouTube videos out there on installation procedures.

Overall it was absolutely worth it imo. I also have a catted downpipe I plan to have installed next week and that's it for mods. I sent the logs up to Terry at BMS and I'm awaiting feedback on how my logs look etc.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
It takes about 10 mins to install on the Stinger (not including spark plug replacement). Major difference even on the 2.0T Stinger. Worth the $$$$$ The link below will give you ALL the jb4 info you could ever ask for. Terry @bms hangs out here as well. There is a section specific to the B58/B48 platform. Until someone figures out how to unlock the Bosch ECU, good 2nd option. Enjoy

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I remember on some cars when I turn the HVAC off, engine (or a mix of ambient) heat comes through the vents. It was considered normal on those cars, perhaps it is normal on the Supra.

I run JB4 on my 2020, but also run climate control at all times so have never felt any heat come through unless I had the heater on.

OP
OP
HookemNC

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
I remember on some cars when I turn the HVAC off, the heat comes through the vents. It was considered normal on those cars, perhaps it is normal on the Supra.

I run JB4 on my 2020, but also run climate control at all times so have never felt any heat come through unless I had the heater on.
I've been good since that day. I was just pushing her pretty hard to get a handful of logs. Ac off and windows down on a hot day with a warm car. Bound to happen. Thanks for the tip though. I'll run the air in the future if I'm logging etc and see if it's a noticeable difference.
Sponsored