What’s the purpose of these buttons?

JZSupra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Controls individual lights but what for ?

CEE1BA2D-1B55-411A-9764-3D9C30E7055B.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
JZSupra

JZSupra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Sorry, I’m a bit slow but how does that exactly assist in parking the car other than illuminating if it’s dark?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Sorry, I’m a bit slow but how does that exactly assist in parking the car other than illuminating if it’s dark?
They are essentially safety hazard lights for each side of the car. So if you're parking on the right hand side of the road youd turn on the drive side lights and flashing will let people know your there. Cars low so hard to notice if parked by a taller vehicle.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I've heard this is a European thing. They turn on the parking light for the side of the car that's on the street side when they park on those narrow European streets. Helps passing cars at night tell where the edge of the car is.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Funny, I remember from my Subaru days ...lots of new folks to Subaru's hit this parking light button; which is on top of the steering column, while cleaning their car. Then the posts start on the forums: "why are my parking lights on?" :dunno:

kermit

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Resurrecting an old thread here - I have recently been playing around the the parking lights to keep my Supra visible while I'm parked for short durations and out of the car. The parking lights, when selected manually, stay on even after the car is off and locked. This is in both left/right side and 'parking lights' (both sides + orange reflectors) modes.

Does anyone know how long these lights will stay on for? Do they turn off after some period or would they stay on until critical battery level? Manual says nothing about it other than it can cause battery drain.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
Resurrecting an old thread here - I have recently been playing around the the parking lights to keep my Supra visible while I'm parked for short durations and out of the car. The parking lights, when selected manually, stay on even after the car is off and locked. This is in both left/right side and 'parking lights' (both sides + orange reflectors) modes.

Does anyone know how long these lights will stay on for? Do they turn off after some period or would they stay on until critical battery level? Manual says nothing about it other than it can cause battery drain.
They should stay on indefinitely. Don’t know if they are light sensitive so come on/off when it’s dark/light out but they are not time based.

chase

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Parking lights are for when you are parked on a dark street and don’t want to get hit. You turn on the side facing the road and they remain on until you turn them off (not sure about the extremes, like the battery getting low). Traditionally parking lights are supposed to be low power draw so you can leave them on over night (but I’ve never left them on that long on my car).
Sponsored