What are y’alls thoughts on the cluster?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Check out @CarGuy11 videos, he has one where you can unlock the black space under the time for oil/coolant temps. AFAIK it doesn't stay active once you shut the car off, and is a little bit of a PITA to unlock every time, but for those days where you want to monitor those temps it could be useful.
Where are the videos located?
Sponsored

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
Would have preferred a simple look like the LFA:
1674519229772.png

Clean font, oil temp & pressure, water temp. Would have made the interior feel more Toyota.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I would guess one can find a way to at least send some codes thru hooking up to the cluster itself. In the end there's a push button that's available to manipulate.. Hold x sec. Press press press, enter vin math press press. Voila..

Pic program, raspi..

Last edited:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
When you have the HUD turned off, the information re: media, calls, etc. is displayed in that black space on the right-hand side. It's not completely wasted, just used in specific circumstances for (IMO) less than useful information. Would be nice to have it customizable. Maybe someone will eventually dig up a setting we can code that allows us to pick and choose and have it remain persistent between cycles of the car.

Rob901

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 STi, '23 A90-MT
When you have the HUD turned off, the information re: media, calls, etc. is displayed in that black space on the right-hand side. It's not completely wasted, just used in specific circumstances for (IMO) less than useful information. Would be nice to have it customizable. Maybe someone will eventually dig up a setting we can code that allows us to pick and choose and have it remain persistent between cycles of the car.
I was surprised when I found out about bimmercode that these weren't options. Seems like the right platform to configure changes. I emailed them with a request to add this feature.

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
I wouldn't mind a tach on the HUD. That being said, the more features/displays add'd, the cluster becomes F@$%'d...

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I would have preferred that my cluster would have some kind of light show like you see in Disneyland or it could play some netflix or other media but other than that, it'll do. If more automakers added boost gauges and other things, aftermarket companies would go bankrupt (think of the poor workers at Defi), there is a gentlemen's agreement between automakers and aftermarket companies that they wouldn't encroach on each others products and that many guru tuners are aliens bringing their vast knowledge of racing from their planet to us (or so i hear).
Sponsored