What did you do to your Supra today?

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
You wanna share your results with the rest of the class?
Ran back to back mid 9s while testing out some new software. Best pass was a 9.2 at 147 with Tucson’s crappy DA(5000ft) and the car dropping boost going into 6th gear (BOV line popped off). Car ran fantastic otherwise and even got me home without issue. Should be dialed in more for TX2K. Easy 8 second car with a good DA and track prep.
8284FE74-E29C-4557-8233-30C448FF2C23.jpeg
ECC8AD0B-CA13-4A9E-9D8F-F007C26376CF.jpeg
E72F4C2D-0D8D-4B0E-8234-E284B2228A4A.png

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Do the SD officers just have nothing else to do but pick on you? The only time I get pulled over is when I get caught speeding, which luckily hasn't been in years.
Same here... which happened last week but I didn't get a ticket for it. Honestly, I would have given myself a ticket, if our roles were reversed. Started getting frustrated on the way to the office and by the time I noticed him trying to catch up, I was doing ~95 and had made a couple of pretty dodgy gap-shots changing lanes.

I just pulled over immediately and waited for him to catch up. The conversation went like none I've ever had with law enforcement (especially Highway Patrol):

Officer: "So what's going on with you?"
Me: "Yeah... no excuses. I just got frustrated with these soccer moms and it went downhill from there." (Pulling out my license as I say this)
Officer: "I get it... you've got a nice car and it can go really fast - but do me a favor, and keep it under 75 at least."
Me: "Yeah... Oh! Uhh... sorry? OK." (At this point so surprised that talking becomes a problem).
Officer: "So you'll keep it reasonable from here on, right?" (Taps the window sill and starts walking back to his car without even looking at my license).
Me: "YES AND THANK YOU!!!"

It wound up being such a short interaction that I never even got his name... but I hope he gets every promotion available to him in the future. I've generally hated cops due to a lot of undeserved harassment over the years, but I'm always OK with taking my lumps when they are deserved... and it would have been in this case. Naturally I'd fix it with my attorney either way - but this actually did far more to assuage my frustration (and slow my driving) than a ticket ever has.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Do the SD officers just have nothing else to do but pick on you? The only time I get pulled over is when I get caught speeding, which luckily hasn't been in years.
Yessir. He was about to get me for modified exhaust til' i busted out the State Ref paperwork from literally last month. I wasn't even speeding or anything, he was just profiling. Lol, so instead of letting me go, he still had to slap me on the wrist with a no front plate and illegal tint ticket lol. Can't catch a break in these streets lol. Let's not forget, i'm in a BRIGHT ASS YELLOW sports car.